Model Cars Magazine Forum

Any Future Truck Projects or Goals ?

Speaking of, I seem to recall an LTL with a big ol' sleeper that some guy was working on... :)

Yeah I seem to remember that too, Chuck. I think it looked something like this:

HPIM3010.jpg

I really do have to follow my own advice to Marshall and get back to work on it too, just waiting on some extra time away from my 1:1 to finish getting the model room in order and some extra cash to buy some more aftermarket goodies for it. :D

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, fellers! Thanks to a little help from Dynomight and Kilrathy10, I am now able to post pictures again. It was as simple as 'flipping a switch...'

I mentioned earlier that I wanted to build an R Model pulling a Pabst Blue Ribbon billboard trailer as a memorial for my Dad who passed away back in September.

This is the Mack that I want to build. Dad drove it for several years, back in the '80's. He mostly ran the East Coast, Pennsylvania, New Jersey, New York City and such...

2h5p3c4.jpg

f5c5s0.jpg

That's a young me hanging off the side of the truck...

I also just noticed the black, electrical tape X's on the headlights... Evidently, it had been foggy when he was coming home. He would do that to cut the light beam and help it penetrate the fog better. I've actually used that trick and, believe it or not, it makes a noticeable difference!

35b5ekp.jpg

They're not pictured but I remember this truck having grey painted, two-hole steel drive wheels... I should remember that because every weekend that it was warm enough, I was washing this truck for Dad on Saturday morning...

Edited by Wagoneer81

Any tips for truck kits that are easy to build but will look great when finished, also to learn on my skills and eventually custombuilding, also I don't have a lot of cash.. :(

Have done a Italeri Freightliner FLC and been working on a Revell 359 (western life) for over 2 years but its taking to long in my opinium..

Any tips for truck kits that are easy to build but will look great when finished, also to learn on my skills and eventually custombuilding, also I don't have a lot of cash.. :(

The Revell "snap" Peterbilt and Kenworth in 1/25 scale are just the ticket. Both can be found for under $24.00 and the possibilities are endless. Sleepers can be sawed off , frames shortened or lengthened. Lot of guys use the Mobious wheel set to really dress them up.

Just a few that were easy to find

http://www.modelcarsmag.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=94224

http://www.modelcarsmag.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=95301

Edited by Old Buckaroo

I've been looking on this forum at all those BEAUTIFULL Pete's snaps and I am going to get one if there's one in the hobby store when I go shopping for partboxes for my Van. :)

I've been looking on this forum at all those BEAUTIFULL Pete's snaps and I am going to get one if there's one in the hobby store when I go shopping for partboxes for my Van. :)

• 1 month later...

I am new to 1/25 scale; planning on some older pickup tow/wreckers, have a heavy duty two axle wrecker bed that I'd like to match with a COE, want to convert a 1/24 F-1 cab to an F-8 - wonder if the Chev 3100 can be done the same? - do an early 50's Ford or Chev 1/2 ton pickup as a USAF Follow Me Truck and a K-5 Blazer as a Army CUCV, also my Testors 1/24 Jeep as a orange/white Follow Me jeep, plan on doing a Dually Wrecker and something with a couple 1/32 snaptite big rigs that I picked up cheap - not sure what yet, might try the 1/25 pickup truck tires on 'em, don't like the hollow back tires either.

Love to scrachbuild & convert so this arena of modelling should be fun :o)

I gotta get off my butt and finish the logging truck, finish my 352, my heavy haul, and then Get to work on my MASSIVE stretched prostar and the 53 foot trailer. Overall will probably be just a bit shy of 4 foot long on that setup. Total scale length will probably be about 80 foot. Practical? Not likely. Street legal? Probably not. Cool looking? Oh hell yeah.