Model Cars Magazine Forum

MPC Daytona Transport Truck

tbusch

• 2 weeks later...

oh boy..the supervan...what a kit. Hope they will reissue it too.

But back to topic. I completet my Daytona Transport Truck today. Here a short preview, before i post it in the right section:

CIMG121009_001.jpg

If it is allowed i will give you some building notes. I hope it's somewhat understandable.

The parts on the "trees" have no numbers, so that i think, the manual has one fault: the inner wheels must be changed from front to rear because they are to wide.

Here you can see the rear rim...

MBG121006_011.jpg

...and the front rim on the rear axle...

MBG121006_012.jpg

...on the rear axle, how wide they came out of the wheelhouse. The different is, you have no chance to get the wide rims in the wheelhous, that they dont stay more than 2mm out. If you take the small rims, you have the space to go inside, if you cut the axle. Thats what i had done:

i cutted about 2mm on both sides on the front and rear axels for a nice stance...

MBG121006_014.jpg

...and drilled the innerwheel of the diameter from the axles:

MBG121006_015.jpg

(Left original, right drilled out)

I put the small wheels to the rear axle and the wide wheels to the front.

The most eye for a "perfect finish" in my view is to take on the windows. No problem with the rear window of the cabin, but the windshield is tricky.

It wont fit all around. i had sanded the upper ledge to the roof on the in- and outside:

MBG121006_017.jpg

MBG121006_019.jpg

...so you have the chance to open and close it - a possibility, that i wont miss.

Also i had to sand the lower edge of the windshield on the doorline and the upper edge on the pillar, because the angle was not correct so that the windschield can not be closed.

Last note:

I think it is important, before paint, to correct the hinges of the front glass on the roof and the rear bracket, that they open and close without resistance.

Now, here is the link to "under Glass". >klick me<

Edited by Dominik

• 2 months later...

Yes it's a Deora, and I agree it's a perfect match except for 1 small problem. You either have to narrow up the Deora, or widen the bed on the Transport, I had to wedge it in to get the pic.

This seems to be the drawback to it, a pretty narrow bed and not a lot fits in it.. It wouldn't take much to widen it, but I'm not going there.

Edited by Psychographic

This seems to be the drawback to it, a pretty narrow bed and not a lot fits in it.. It wouldn't take much to widen it, but I'm not going there.

Same problem I have.I have the most recent reissue of the orange hauler kit that would look amazing in the Daytona Hauler. If you do decide to widen it then post a tutorial on here please.

• 1 year later...