Model Cars Magazine Forum

I was digging around in my spares pile yesterday, and coughed up a few interesting parts. Suddenly, an idea was hatched...

MACK001-vi.jpg

I found... some wheel/tire/hub assemblies from a Monogram '26 Mack AC, and some chrome scripts and Bulldog ornaments from an old AMT R-600. I also managed to flush out a Pitman arm and 5th wheel from a Revell Peterbilt 359, a steam whistle (radiator ornament) from an AMT Orange Blossom, a pair of MRC wheel adaptors (perfect fit into the front wheel mounting bosses!), and some quarter elliptic rear springs and brackets from an AMT Peterbilt 359 (I think...).

I'm leaning toward using a modified AMT Lil Mixer chassis, and maybe a '40 Willys cab. I suppose we'll see- this is another project I will just 'wing', the model will more or less design itself as it progresses. I am shooting for a sort of cartoony, Ed Roth/Tom Daniel end result, but still keep it somewhat realistic as a vehicle that could be theoretically driven.

Wow chuck I thought about that thee other day. I always wondered why not build something like a hot rod or a rat with one.i still need to get my hands on one of those. I got a sweet spot for the old macks . Great progress so far. Btw what's the story on that other Mack and rat in the background.

Edited by hotrod59f100

Chuck, I've been watching this one go up over at your Fotki archives, waiting for every update with few nails left on my fingertips. This thing is just another signature Chuck Most build. Love that engine, and I can wait to see how you are going to detail that cab. :wub: