Model Cars Magazine Forum

Thanks, Jerred. I wanted to be a little different. Hence the pancaked hood.

The seat sides (bolsters??) are even with the top of the console, Curt. Although there's no pics, the rest of the interior matches the console. I had to glue the door and rear piece in before the interior floor. That made measuring seat height difficult for me.

Great job Jim. I love your idea for the pancaked hood. I happen to be working on a '53 Ford Pickup at the moment also. I'm putting in the Caddy engine from the '49 Ford and I'm using the chrome reversed wheels & tires from the Revell '49 Merc. I'm almost ready for some in-progress pics. I love the way yours came out. I like the color too... Mine will be Quasar blue with some pinstripes.

when i replace the seat in this kit (i almost never build one stock!) i use the kit seat as a guide to help me set the height for new seats. i usually copy the shape and size of the kit seat side and adjust it to match the new seats. this is one spot where the MPC '53 has a "better idea" and has a raised platform for their high back buckets, and you could put the AMT seat over it if you wanted. the kicker in the AMT kit is getting the new seats far enough forward to clear the bck of the cab. the MPC kit bed has built-in rear wheelwell wideners to fit bigger tires, and with just a little work fits right in place on the AMT frame.

Really like the chassis work with the independent front end and steam roller rear.

The kustom touches like the rear sunken tail light panel and the front flipping pancake hood.

This kit has no door panel detail but the buckets give the interior the hang on look.

James aka Joker

Thanks, John.

Thanks, Rich. I'm looking forward to seeing your pics.

Thanks, Curt.

Thanks, Joker. The kit interior is terrible. Some engraving on the inside of the doors. That's why I made interior panels from Evergreen sheet with the armrest/door handle from the '70 GSX kit. I'll have to try a pic through the door.

• 2 weeks later...