Model Cars Magazine Forum

This is gonna be AWESOME!

It was intended to start on April 1st. It read:

they are going to re-release ALL their 1/8th scale kits at the beginning of "NEXT" month... as in APRIL 1st.

I posted it 1 hour before THE BEGINNING OF NEXT MONTH...

If it made you mad, I apologize. it was JUST A JOKE.

I just thought it could have been a better gag. Perhaps Round 2 finds a bunch of the missing molds, and purchases JoHan. Between the lack of updating their website and the mystery and intrigue of the JoHan saga (combined with the recent purchase of Lindberg) that could have went on for days.

Even though I figured this was a (cruel) April Fools joke, I did find one thing when I was looking at Revell's website interesting that made me go HUMMMMM. They had a pic of AMT's old 77/78 Trans AM kit (I could tell by the junky Snowflake wheels and the thick T top bar) with the "Smokey and the Bandit" (also AMT's) logo and stating it was 1/25 scale. Now anyone with any sense knows, even though I have seen the recent reissue includes Georgia "BAN ONE" and state flag plates, the Revell Trans Am is 1/24 scale and has the incorrect for the movie car thin T top. Is this going to be a new kit or what??

Even though I figured this was a (cruel) April Fools joke, I did find one thing when I was looking at Revell's website interesting that made me go HUMMMMM. They had a pic of AMT's old 77/78 Trans AM kit (I could tell by the junky Snowflake wheels and the thick T top bar) with the "Smokey and the Bandit" (also AMT's) logo and stating it was 1/25 scale. Now anyone with any sense knows, even though I have seen the recent reissue includes Georgia "BAN ONE" and state flag plates, the Revell Trans Am is 1/24 scale and has the incorrect for the movie car thin T top. Is this going to be a new kit or what??

That's not AMT's kit built up you see, it's Revell's die-cast kit, and is the basis for the "new" 1/25 scale plastic kit from Revell.

I just want to say that THIS WAS A JOKE. I am not going to apologize again for trying to have some fun. If you were hurt by this then that is your problem.

As for the "CRUEL" comments, you should re-evaluate your wording. If I had made a joke about a child with cancer, cerebral palsy, or any other childhood malady, then THAT would be cruel and horrible. You are whining over a hunk of plastic and cardboard. You need to stop being so hateful and self centered...

Edited by Custom Hearse

I just want to say that THIS WAS A JOKE. I am not going to apologize again for trying to have some fun. If you were hurt by this then that is your problem.

As for the "CRUEL" comments, you should re-evaluate your wording. If I had made a joke about a child with cancer, cerebral palsy, or any other childhood malady, then THAT would be cruel and horrible. You are whining over a hunk of plastic and cardboard. You need to stop being so hateful and self centered...

Jeez lighten up Francis!

Why are you dragging disabled kids into your bomb of a "joke"? I dunno which side of the bed you crawled out of this morning, but you might try re-entering and coming out the other side and see if your disposition isn't more improved before lashing out at everyone because we weren't LOLing over that "gag" of yours...cause there's only one whiny person in this thread.

Wow! Post your April Fool's joke before going to bed and the world comes to an end! Were we all starving for drama? :unsure:

Maybe someone should start a new "Awesome Model" thread. :unsure:

Edited by Deano