Model Cars Magazine Forum

Dodge LS 1000

In the immortal words of Capt. Malcom Reynolds, "SHINY!"

I like it a lot!!!

I'm right there with you, Chuck! It is possible! :)B) Personally, and no reflection on this build, Dan; I think the LS1000 was one ugly truck... But, they certainly had a distinct, no-nonsense, brutish cool factor. This is the second one I've seen built up recently and I can say that I wouldn't mind adding one to my collection.

Chuck and Chris I'm with you it's the bullish affect that I like and it is a MOPAR.

JT thanks for the comments don't know if you Remember meeting me last March at the model show in Missouri City you had your Ford dump truck on display.

Dave this is a very good resin kit there was very little customization to make the fit up to the Titan doner. The resin is about the same thickness as what a plastic one would be.

i have the same cab laying on the stock to build him

i realy like this one

gmc chassis as donor ,i have about 3 boxes for donor

but first make the other one,s

marmon double bunk,i use a kenworth k123 for donor chassis and than ho follows?

this one turned very nice, the colour is just beautiful,i like this old coe,s

jacobus

Mopar Dan, your truck looks great, love the stripes, nice work! Man the cabovers were just big boxes at one time, look at the Ford W9000, the Dodge L1000, the Kenworth K100 and the GMC "Crackerbox", older Whites from the 60's to early 70's. Makes them distinctive today!

A friend of mine is scratch building one of these as we speak.....

And recently finished off a Crackerbox...

Enjoy...

Could you persuade your friend to post some pictures of his work here? He is doing some very good work. The Dodge is looking good and that GMC looks very interesting!

Edited by BigBad