Model Cars Magazine Forum

MPC Chevy Beretta...once again!

kerc

I've restarted this project for the winter...After building a few hot rods, I want to build a couple of unusual subjects. This is one of them, an MPC Chevy Beretta. This is the initial mockup:

temporary-73.jpg

It won't have much customizations done other than wheels, tires, brakes, and a lowered suspension. Planned colors are white, burgundy interiors, and black wheels.

:)

After building a few hot rods, I want to build a couple of unusual subjects.

Yup. You don't get much further from Hot Rods than Beretta's. :lol: It actually reminds me of the Beretta's found in the parking lot of my High School when I was younger. Expensive wheels, rusted fenders, fart can mufflers, and loud subwoofers in encosures made from the finest materials that the local hardware store had to offer. :blink:

Your build is already off to a good start and I'm sure that it will look great. Can't wait to see what you do with it.

This is going to be cool. I always liked Berettas, even though the dashes always used to bow up and peeled away from the windshield. This will be an interesting build to watch.

Years ago, a friend of mine had one of these sitting next to his shop forever. A client had dropped it off to be body dropped. I don't ever recall what happened from there and I don't even know if that was possible on one of these.

Edited by Skydime

My first 'almost' new car was a 12,000-mile 5-speed '89 Beretta GT bought in September of 1990. I had a lot of fun with that car, lots of great memories. It gave me a decade of good service. I have 2 original kits and I'll be building a replica of my car some day... when I get around to it! Mine had the standard steel wheels, so I'll have to fudge it a little bit since the kit didn't come with them.

This is going to be cool. I always liked Berettas, even though the dashes always used to bow up and peeled away from the windshield. This will be an interesting build to watch.

Years ago, a friend of mine had one of these sitting next to his shop forever. A client had dropped it off to be body dropped. I don't ever recall what happened from there and I don't even know if that was possible on one of these.

i actually believe I caught wind of that!

yeah, I've seen a few cars that bodied here and there. There's a civic HB from Texas (last I saw) on 18/20 chrome wheels (I actually think it was resurected and is drivable). It's unibodydropped.

I built one of them when they first came out....its in my pile of ones to re do...the paint didnt turn out so great. But I have a new in the box GTZ kit also....Might have to start on one of them....

Yours looks like it will be pretty cool...I will follow along to see how it turns out for you...