Model Cars Magazine Forum

Mack DM800 'Conforti'

This is the reissue of a really old kit. The fitting is pretty bad. The photo does not do right to the hood closing. In reality it's not that worse. In fact I only discovered it after I saw the photo. In the meantime the front decal are there as well.

Hessel

Edited by Hessel Hemstra

• 3 weeks later...

That looks like a great shiw. Wish we could get something like that out here in California. I really liked that there were some American show truck builds there. I've seen just every one of those trucks the 1:1 versions on the road here, some up cloae at truck shows here. Lots good stuff there. Some outstanding scratch as well with some of those cranes.

The show was as always very good. It was the 20th time it was organized and now for the third time in the new place. This means the shows grows bigger every year. The quality of the build also rises. Unfortunately no price for my Mack but that is not a shame. I like it very much and that is the most important.

If we had a good sponsor we would join a show in California of course ^_^^_^

Hessel

I'm not familiar with the Jabbeke history of a Jaguar.

I would love to maken the Roger trailer that is behind it but unfortunately I do not have the right info about it. If someone has please let me know. I might be able to make a kit of it.....

thanks,

Hessel

Hessel, I saw Ostende on one of the posters for that fantastic show. So I'm pretty sure that is where the Jaguar LSR ran. Just an aside. You were in the same neighborhood as that historic event. And again, I wouldn't want to be a judge at a show like that. The quality is mind boggling. Congrats.

1949[edit]
  • 132.596 mph (213.393 km/h) through the flying mile: in May, Jaguar demonstrated an XK120 roadster to the press on the high-speed autoroute between Jabbeke and Aeltre in Belgium. The road was closed for the occasion. The white left-hand drive car, chassis number 670002, was the second XK120 built. Jaguar's development engineer Walter Hassan was to have driven but fell ill, so Jaguar test-driver Ron "Soapy" Sutton substituted. With hood and sidescreens erected, and the airflow under the car improved by the addition of a full-length aluminium undertray, the Jaguar was timed through the flying mile by the Royal Automobile Club of Belgium at 126.448 mph (203.498 km/h). With hood, sidescreens and windscreen removed, a metal airflow deflector fitted in front of the driver, and a tonneau cover fastened over the passenger side of the cockpit the speed improved to 132.596 mph (213.393 km/h). The Observer's Book of Automobiles said it was the fastest production car in the world.[17]