Model Cars Magazine Forum

1/12 `67 Corvette L-88 - Barrett Jackson`s $3.5 million car

Hawk312

David - the build looks fantastic, and on par with all other builds I have seen of yours!

One question though - an L-88 Corvette has aluminum heads in addition to the intake. As you were building a replica of the auction car, did the Barrett-Jackson car not have aluminum heads, or were they painted Chevy orange like the block?

Well done again!

Rob

David - the build looks fantastic, and on par with all other builds I have seen of yours!

One question though - an L-88 Corvette has aluminum heads in addition to the intake. As you were building a replica of the auction car, did the Barrett-Jackson car not have aluminum heads, or were they painted Chevy orange like the block?

Well done again!

Rob

Thanks Rob!

Yep, they were painted Chevy Orange along with the rest of the block! In fact, the exhaust manifolds were also originally orange! You can see pictures of the engine here:

http://blog.hemmings.com/index.php/2014/01/19/award-winning-1967-corvette-l88-sells-for-record-3-85-million/comment-page-1/

I actually had input from some 1:1 Corvette fanatics on this one to help make sure I got all the details correct.

David,

Once again you have showen your true skills in building a very fine model. You give it your all on every build and it shows. However

I never pick apart another master modelers work of art. I did notice two things you may have missed or it just doesn't show up on the pictures that I can see. Please correct me if I am wrong. One thing is the wash on the wiper grills and the other is the rubber on the wipers? I may be wrong. As always very very fine work and something that is a true masterpiece from the master himself. You truly inspire me. Tooooo Coooool

Kenny B B)

Thanks again guys!

David,

Once again you have showen your true skills in building a very fine model. You give it your all on every build and it shows. However

I never pick apart another master modelers work of art. I did notice two things you may have missed or it just doesn't show up on the pictures that I can see. Please correct me if I am wrong. One thing is the wash on the wiper grills and the other is the rubber on the wipers? I may be wrong. As always very very fine work and something that is a true masterpiece from the master himself. You truly inspire me. Tooooo Coooool

Kenny B B)

Hey Kenny,

Good eye on those details. Yep, I have left the wipers and the grills that way on every one of m builds so far. I am such a slacker. :D Maybe on one of these I will start doing that. :D

So, will we see a big scale Corvette from you hopefully? :)

wow, just wow........amazing build David, just amazing!

now, how does a guy go about getting a set of those wheels?

as a side note, my boss has a 67 327 vette in Marlboro maroon I want to eventually replicate for him and those wheels would be perfect, then I would just need to make some white wall tires..........