Model Cars Magazine Forum

Rust-sun 240Z

Intmd8r

• 2 weeks later...

So far, the only fitting issues I've had is the front steering/suspension. For some reason, they don't want to fit in the same way that the instructions call for. It seems to make the front end sit up higher than the rear (which is not an issue for this junker build), but I have 2 more kits to start and the rare BRE 240 that won't be intentinally built as junkers.

The other issue that I noticed about this kit is that the molds for the body suck, Too many mold lines, and to little definition of the doors/hatch/fuel door. I had to use my knife and scribe them in order to have any detail show through after paint. This is not the typical quality that I have come to expect from Revell.

Thanks guys for all of the positive feedback. I seem to struggle at pulling off the showroom shine type paint jobs, but these rusted junker builds seem to be easier for me. Not to mention they are fun to build! I blame Dr. Cranky and his videos :lol:

Made a little more progress and nearing completion. I still have some parts to glue on and more weathering to do. As my wife says, this car looks too clean to be complete lol.

Check out the uploaded pics here: http://s1146.beta.photobucket.com/user/Intmd8r01/library/#/user/Intmd8r01/library/240Z?&_suid=1352313717923041786708360865304

Edited by Intmd8r

this is awesome. i drive by a rusting 240 every day as i go to work. the guy used to have a tarp over it but i knew what was under it because i am a fan and have had a few rusty z cars in my life. the tarp is gone and it tounts me. i have stoped by to talk to the guy a few times but he thinks it is made of gold. so i just ride by and wish

I know what you mean. Each and every time I find a Z being sold under $10,000, it needs a new floor pan to say the least. The last one that I looked at was missing a carb, was auto, and the driver's side floor pan was so rotted, that it could have been driven Flintstones style. The guy still wanted $3,500 for it and was firm on the price.