Model Cars Magazine Forum

Ahhhhh Crud

Joe Handley

Hey Man I hear ya,

I bought a 32nd scale car a few years ago because of the beautiful detail and now I have near a 100 cars. I just bought some to actually run since a model club member just finished a nice long track. I will probably be even worse off now LOL.

Dwayne

I know the feeling. I started collecting the Carrera Camaro series just

to look at!!!

Now I've gone and bought a set (American Way) this week to get started

running these things..

Can't wait until the Jim Hall Camaro comes out -----One of my Favorite Race cars

of all time

Edited by camaroman

Let me warn you ahead of time Camaroman, for some reason the Concept Camaro handles like a pig and the guide gets hung up on the small diameter 1/30 curves. I want the Charger 500 street custom from Carrera, and the Orange SUperbird to make into a clone of the Superbird convertable owned by a guy on a Mopar forum I go on.

You guys may get a laugh out of this, the HobbyTown in Naperville, Illinois had recently put in a slot car track and one of the "kids" (late teens) from local R/C forum who came out for a crawler get-together and ended up playing with the track for most of the day instead! We close at 5pm at that store and he left around 4:30-4:45 and is now considering making his own wood track once he "recovers" from of building his AX10 Tuber!

Let me warn you ahead of time Camaroman, for some reason the Concept Camaro handles like a pig and the guide gets hung up on the small diameter 1/30 curves.

Thanks for the headsup, But I won't be running the new Camaro's

They will be for (dust) collecting with the other Camaro's on my shelf.

Going to run the others I bought to crash and burn..

I also bought the Massive Power set this week!!!

Have not received either set yet!

Edited by camaroman

haha, yeah, that's what happened to me, I went to a get together at a hobby shop that had a slot car track and we got a car and I was able to run for free so from then we were hooked. :unsure:

I want one of those white Z/28 and 69 Boss. ;) Right now I have the Parnelli Jones 70 but I want to paint some.

Oh Man,

I was at the So Cal Kit Bashers meeting tonight where we have a track. What a Blast!

I took three cars. An SCX Mazda, a Slot It Ferrari and a Monogram 76 Greenwood vette that I lowered the body on.

The monogram I got hooked up in the back but the front was way to light and difficult to keep in the groove. The tires on the Monograms are all very thick so I am replacing the front tires with much tinner units and I think it will work. It was fast on the straights.

The SCX Mazda was also light in the front but I discovered that playing with the braids made a lot of differnce and I was soon able to scoot around with this one. You actually have to drive this car which was a blast hanging it our around the corners or using the throttle through the ssssss's. I actually enjoyed this car the most but it was so much slower than the others.

The slot it Ferrari was fast and I could blast the course but it did not seem to accelerate as fast as it should. There were some Scalextric Mustangs, the burgandy and mustard cars and those things were just plain fast. Cornering and straight line speed were fantastic and gave the much smaller Ferrari a real run.

So now I am even more hooked after several hours of fun.

I got no money and I want a ton of cars.

Aint that how it goes LOL?

Dwayne

That little Scalextric Mini Cooper and the plain white Z-28 two of my crazy ones, the Mini is a psychotic little blur once I added a second magnet and the Z-28 is ballistic on the order of the "Big Red" road race Camaro now that there is a second magnet in there now too. I've got the silicons on order for three of the Petty Cars and on back order for the Mini.