Model Cars Magazine Forum

Total Shock and Awe...!

Ramfins59

I went to the South Hills Modelers Show at the Castle Snannon Fire Hall today. The South Hills Club put on a great show, had 17 Classes if I remember correctly and had LOTS of vendors. The show was an NNL style show in that First Place in each Class was picked by Popular Vote, and then the members of the South Hills Club picked all of the "Best Of" awards. I brought 5 models and entered my recently finished '58 Plymouth in Replica Stock -Pre 1972. I have never built or entered a car for either the Factory Stock or the Replica Stock Class in the 20 years that I am back in this hobby.

My Plymouth won FIRST PLACE......!!!!!! My thanks go out to all those who voted for my model.

COMPLETEDPLYMOUTHSIDE1024x739_zps82a2d4e

PLYMOUTHENGINECOMPARTMENT1024x761_zpsfaa

I also entered the '49 Mercury Convertible that I built last year in the Customs Class. This is a resin conversion kit by ReplMinCoMD for the Revell Chopped '49 Merc kit.

It also won FIRST PLACE......!!!!!! My thanks again go out to all those who voted for my model.

THREEQUARTERFRFONT800x565.jpg

INTERIOR2800x596.jpg

ENGINE2800x540.jpg

So I pack up my models and my wife and I are just about walking out the door and they start announcing the Club's picks for the "Best Of" awards. Jill asks if I want to stay just to hear who won. I said "sure". I walk up to the front and give rounds of applause to the winners of Best Paint (Donn Yost of course!!), Best Engine, Best Ford, etc... I pick up my box of models and am ready to leave and I hear the guy say....

And the South Hills Modelers Club awards BEST IN SHOW to the '49 Mercury Convertible by Rich Manson......!!!!!! I looked at the guy giving out the trophies and said "Holy S---...... You're kidding right..??"

You could have knocked me over with a feather...!!! First time EVER in my modeling life that I've ever won a Best In Show...!!! My humble thanks go out to the members of the South Hills Modelers Club for picking MY car for this award. I am, and will most likely stay, in TOTAL SHOCK AND AWE over this for quite awhile. Believe me people...... I am NOT bragging here... I am too shocked and surprised for that.

Thank you everyone for your congratulatory words.

What do you mean "the old days" Tom... LOL. I look forward to seeing you at NNL East buddy.

Andre, I'm hoping to be able to do just that... To keep them coming as long as I am able to do so.

Paul, yes it does... It feels just simply mahvelous as the comedian would say..!!

Rich....

Congrats on your well deserved wins... and congrats on that best of show award.... there is nothing like the feeling you get when you receive an award like that... you worked hard to achieve the awards and deserve every one of them.... congrats again rich.... looking fwd to more of your builds.....

Tom

Thanks very much again to all who commented. Yes,any awards that any of us win at contests or shows are definitely the icing on the cake..!! Especially when they are unexpected... not that I EVER expect ANY awards. They're always a very nice surprise and make all the extra efforts, time and patience put into the builds worth it.