Model Cars Magazine Forum

Midland Belly Dump Trailer Build

Inspiring!!! I will build one..... someday.....maybe...after numerous other projects get done... Well, maybe sooner. I have a Paystar 5000 tractor that'll need an appropriate trailer and this would be appropriate! Very well done! Thank you for posting your drawings and decal artwork and for posting such a well detailed build tutorial! I think we'll see more of these trailers in the future.

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Darn nice job!

Gotta save some pennies and get one of those miter rite boxes.... Probably would pay for itself in reduced material, sandpaper, and certainly would reduce less than optimal verbal outbursts. Especially for a bonehead like myself that cant measure or cut worth a hoot despite measuring over and over.

Thanks also for the info on the oscilating fifth wheel. Didn't have those in my day. Nice. But is the trailer more likely to lean if unevenly loaded?

Impressive job friend. Are you gonna have the door operate?

Thanks for the kind words guys. Originally I thought about making the hopper doors and fifth wheel workable, but I ultimately decided to keep them fixed in place. I'm not sure if these things are prone to tipping... but a lot of the load sits down at the bottom of the hopper so it probably has a low center of gravity.

Aaron