Model Cars Magazine Forum

Reher-Morrison Levi Garrett Pro Stock Beretta Pics?

crowe-t

If I remember right I think Hot Rod did a feature on the Super Shops car, I might still have the issue...........I was working at Super Shops durring that time and used to have all kinds of pics of that car.

If you still have that issue can you scan the pictures for me? Also let me know which issue it is so I can try to find it on E-bay.

• 3 months later...

I just looked at these pictures again and realized there are different types of rear wheels used. They range from Drag Lites to Drag Stars to some other wheel I'm unfamiliar with. I wonder what the folks at Reher-Morrison were thinking?!

Jeff, I really appreciate you posting the pictures. I have a Revell Beretta Pro Street kit that I'm going to build into this Reher Morrison Beretta. I'm using a cage, rear end set-up, motor, hood scoop... from a Monogram Pro Stock kit. I'll widen the area between the wheel tubs. The Revell Beretta Pro Street kit is essentially the Rick Dobbertin J-2000 and doesn't even have a rear suspension. Even the dash is not one from a Beretta but I have a Beretta dash for it as well which I'll modify.

Comp Resins is also coming out with a Beretta Pro Stock body soon which will have the correct scoop and rear wing as well as the lengthened front nose. I'll pick one up too and use the Revell Olds Pro Stock kit for the chassis. I have the Nov. '87 issue of Super Stock & Drag Illustrated that has a nice schematic of the chassis and the Olds P/S kit is almost dead on, even the dash looks like a Beretta dash. The only issue with the Olds kit is the transmission tunnel is squared off instead of rounded but that can be fixed.

Has anyone here built a Beretta Pro Stock? I'd like to see pictures.

I just looked at these pictures again and realized there are different types of rear wheels used. They range from Drag Lites to Drag Stars to some other wheel I'm unfamiliar with. I wonder what the folks at Reher-Morrison were thinking?!

Pics are not all from the same year.

Awesome project Mike. Prostock car are tough builds. How crazy are you going to go with it?

If I remember right, Reher & Morrison were running a separate runner intake manifold. Can't remember if they were running the cut carbs or not. I wish I could find my NHRA rule book from the late eighties. That should be able to help you too. I'll keep looking.

Sorry I did not take any detail pictures. The Prostock guys do not like pictures taken with the body panels off. Most of the time they throw blankets and towels over stuff so you can't see anything when you do take pictures. I do have a stand off photo of Rickie Smiths Pontiac if that would help you.

Did you see how rough the body is on the right side?

Can't wait to see your car come together!

Pics are not all from the same year.

I figured the pictures were from different times but I thought it was odd that only the rear wheels were changed. I like the look with the matching Drag Lites so I'll go that route.

Awesome project Mike. Prostock car are tough builds. How crazy are you going to go with it?

If I remember right, Reher & Morrison were running a separate runner intake manifold. Can't remember if they were running the cut carbs or not. I wish I could find my NHRA rule book from the late eighties. That should be able to help you too. I'll keep looking.

Sorry I did not take any detail pictures. The Prostock guys do not like pictures taken with the body panels off. Most of the time they throw blankets and towels over stuff so you can't see anything when you do take pictures. I do have a stand off photo of Rickie Smiths Pontiac if that would help you.

Did you see how rough the body is on the right side?

Can't wait to see your car come together!

Jeff,

In the few months since I started this thread I was able to find a nice clean copy of the November '87 issure of Super Stock & Drag Illustrated magazine which featured the Reher Morrison Levi Garret Beretta. I also picked up an August '90 copy of Chevrolet Hi Performance mag that featured the Reher Morrison Super Shops Beretta. I've been to Raceway Park in English Town NJ a few times and know it's hard to get good detail pictures of Pro Stock cars so I understand. However the pictures you posted are outstanding shots especially the close up. It looks like the car was hit by something on the passenger side. I wonder what caused that?! If you don't mind posting the picture you have of Rickie Smiths Pontiac I'm sure it will help and be cool to see.

For the first build I'll be mainly using the Revell Beretta Pro Street kit with the Monogram Pro Stock parts mentioned above. Comp Resins also has the correct rear wing and Moroso Valve covers. I don't think I'll lengthen the nose on the Revell Beretta body but will reshape the front wheel openings to make the nose appear a bit longer. The Chassis that comes with the kit is a decent base but will need some work. There is almost no space between the wheel tubs and no suspension. The front suspension can easily pass for Pro Stock so I'm good there.

This picture shows how close the wheel tubs are in the kit.

RevellBerettaProStreet2.jpg

I'm planning on getting the Beretta Pro Stock body from Comp Resins when it's available. For that I'll use the Revell Olds Pro Stock kit. It's very close in size and the chassis is mostly the same as the RH Beretta's with the exception of the transmission tunnel and the area between the tubs. Those are easy fixes.

I'm currently working on completing a 1/144 Revell Space Shuttle kit and will start the Revell Beretta when that's done.

Here are some pictures I scanned of the RH Levi Garrett Beretta.

ReherMorrisonLeviGarrettPSBeretta5.jpg

ReherMorrisonLeviGarrettPSBeretta4.jpg

ReherMorrisonLeviGarrettPSBeretta7-1.jpg

ReherMorrisonLeviGarrettPSBeretta6.jpg

ReherMorrisonLeviGarrettPSBeretta8.jpg

Edited by crowe-t

Looks like it's going to be a nice build, like the Levi Garrett paint better then the Super Shops. On the Competition Resin body, I don't know for sure but you might have to wait awhile for it to come out, if you check his website under future releases you see he has a lot of stuff listed, some things have been there for years,the Sox & Martin Omni P/S body, the P/S Dodge truck body & a number of others, not trying to put down Competition Resin's, I have a lot of his F/C bodies (all ordered thru Slixx & Model Express,tried once to order thru him but that is another story)& every one of those bodies are excellent. Good Luck on your build & I hope to follow your progress.

Jeff, thanks again for posting the picture of Rickie Smith's Pontiac. It's a great shot.

Looks like it's going to be a nice build, like the Levi Garrett paint better then the Super Shops. On the Competition Resin body, I don't know for sure but you might have to wait awhile for it to come out, if you check his website under future releases you see he has a lot of stuff listed, some things have been there for years,the Sox & Martin Omni P/S body, the P/S Dodge truck body & a number of others, not trying to put down Competition Resin's, I have a lot of his F/C bodies (all ordered thru Slixx & Model Express,tried once to order thru him but that is another story)& every one of those bodies are excellent. Good Luck on your build & I hope to follow your progress.

I spoke to Roger at Comp Resins and he said he has other stuff to do first and the Beretta would be a few months. I'm in no rush, I'm actually more motivated to convert the Revell Beretta Pro Street into a Pro Stock. The only issue would be that the nose isn't long enough but not by much. In fact the Monogram Pro Stock Camaro kits look to have a stock nose length. I can play with the shape of the front wheel openings to give the nose a longer look. I think lengthening the nose would be a lot of work. I'll have to think about that one. I also like the Levi Garret paint better then the Super Shops but still want to someday build that car too. When I start this I'll start a thread soon after.

Edited by crowe-t

Brett, The nose needs to be lengthened behind the wheel opening. I also have to open up the rear wheel openings and add some styrene on the bottom by the running boards. Now that I see the picture you posted I'm thinking about lengthening the nose.

Here is a picture of the Revell Beretta and the Reher Morrison Beretta.

RevellBerettaProStreet4.jpg

LeviGarrettBeretta1.jpg

Edited by crowe-t

Sorry I meant wheel arch not guards, but its not hard to do and if you want accurate :);). I thought it was probably going to be there. Am going to make a doorslammer out of mine but dont want to open the box cause it'll just start another project :D and I already have too many of those lined up for the foreseeable future. Good luck,we'll be watching

Brett,

I just re-sized this schematic to approx. 1/25 and printed out a copy. I'll check it against the Revell Beretta body but this should do the trick. I can see how much the nose will need to be extended.

25.jpg

Edited by crowe-t

Mike, I saw this build in the Gallery section on scalemodellingbychris.com. It's basically a straight build of the Revell Beretta Pro Street kit with the rear wheels/tires, and the intake/carbs changed out. Also the wing is added. It's not accurate but is still a very nice build. Thanks for posting these.