Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you get today? (Model Car Related Items)

Got it for $70, which I didn't think was too bad considering what I've seen them go for on Ebay. I spotted it pretty much first thing after we checked out the Revell display, and actually held off until late in the day to get it. Was surprised that no one snagged it before I got it. The Billy Carter truck came from the same vendor.

Got these from Fred. The 250 GTO is of special interest to me right now as I have not seen this kit before. The firebird and corvette are kits that I had built when I was younger. The Testarossa I got for 4$, I offered a guy on eBay 6$ for one and he said I'd never find one cheaper than 9$... He was wrong... I bought that one out of spite!

post-9427-0-75824200-1368649521_thumb.jp

post-9427-0-47850100-1368649534_thumb.jp

Tamiya Nissan 300ZX Turbo.

Fujimi vintage AMG/Penta wheels x 2.

Italeri Ferrari 275 N.A.R.T Spyder.

AMT "Modern classics" 300SL.

AMT 49 Mercury 3 in 1.

Eightyone Nissan GTR R35 VR38DETT Resin engine.

Got the new MCM in the mail, not a tear or wrinkle in my copy either. :) That almost never happens, I think the post office purposely sets their sorting machines on the shred cycle.

Funny my last copy was nice, the one today is going back to the post office tomorrow along with two other mags that went through the shredder and dogear machine.

Not today but I got some stuff at the Mama's MidAtlantic NNL last Saturday....

IMG_3218-vi.jpg

Large bag o' junk for $3. I'm just mad at myself for not buying the other 2 bags he had at the same price. It's all been sorted out into my parts bins.

IMG_3271-vi.jpg

This Piranha funny car body was included in that bag too. Hmmm... what can we do with this.

IMG_3256-vi.jpg

About 50 pieces of exhaust pipe and mufflers for a buck. Couldn't leave that behind.

IMG_3239-vi.jpg

A very nice and clean '62 Valiant. I've reached my quota on these but couldn't pass up one this clean!

IMG_3230-vi.jpg

A nice little custom Buick wagon for $20. It even has a fuzzy striped interior. For my Olde Kustom Kollection.

IMG_3240-vi.jpg

And a buddy gave me these three old originals built in the day because he knew I'd fix 'em and keep them intact. All from the same builder, mild customs with brush paint jobs. The funny part is that he didn't put any glass in them. I guess we'll never know why.

Getting some nice stuff just is the icing on the cake of a good day out at a model show with friends!

• ranma changed the title to Bought two totes with model's in them at the US 127 Garage sales:: here's what was inside of them...