Model Cars Magazine Forum

Modern big rig tires

I understand what Chuck is saying, he has a good point. But modest priced model cars and trucks are all compromises because of cost. Lets say somebody produces exact 24.5 inch rims for 1:24th scale trucks, you'll need to get the corresponding tires as well in all cases so it could get more expensive than people would like. At 2$ per tire for 10... That's 20$ right there and not counting at least another 15$ for wheels. That is the price of a whole kit. What is nice about KJ's wheels, they fit italeri tires and there are more options, you can mix and match kit tires and wheels with aftermarket items, furthermore, they fit 1:24th and 1:25th trucks. If there is a market for real 1:24th scale rims and tires I'm all for it. More choices is what I like. By the way KJ, your wheels look spot on, those 5 holes are killer!

I'd like to see the 2 hole rears with Italeri tires, can you post a picture when you get a chance?

No problem. I am making molds for the 2-holes today, so I should have some cast by Monday. Here are pictures of the masters that I am using for the molds with Italeri tires.

003_zps7825a6bd.jpg

006_zpse985a3b4.jpg

I have the molds for the 24.5" 5-hole rims done as well as my brake drums, drive hubs, stemco oil hubs, and hub caps. Here is a full set of the 5-holes:

004_zps022b09d3.jpg

KJ I hope that you can bring these to Fulton this year I'm sure they will sell. Put me down for some as well.

Thanks Justin! I hope to have a stock of items to bring to Fulton this year. It's coming up quick and I have a lot of work to do before then! Not to mention I would like to build a new truck to put in the show by then.