Model Cars Magazine Forum

Astro Custom 105 Double Sleeper

I found this pic and info at the Hanks truck Pix Forum. Built by a company in Brighton, Michigan called Cars & Concept Inc that did custom work and paint on Astros, Generals and Brigadiers.

The Astro Custom 105 featured 18" of cab stretch in 16 gu. aluminum, custom four colour stripes, quad rectangle headlights and custom grab rails.

ASTROCUSTOM105.jpg

Ooooh, I like that!!!!!! That would be the ideal project to use my photo etch grille kit of that style grille, on!

Is it the one from Modelltrucks and Parts? If so, I bet it's a nice set if it's anything like the other GMC Astro grille(small) and the KW and freightliner sets.

Edited by FlatbedKW

Very nice looking Astro. Kool artwork.

Remember seeing one very, very, rare custom Astro's, back in late 80'S similar to the one on your pic, probably from C&C: extended cab, "H" grab bars, stacked square headlights in "funky" Mayflower VL paint scheme.

Wonder how long:(years) & how many were made by C&C.

Is it the one from Modelltrucks and Parts? If so, I bet it's a nice set if it's anything like the other GMC Astro grille(small) and the KW and freightliner sets.

Ray, sorry for the late reply on this. I don't check this section very often. The newer style photo etch grille set I have is from Model Trucks and Parts.

Eveything is obtaine able ,but where would I get the retangel head lights from? some van kit?

Hey Doug

I have some of the headlights that look very close to that left over from when I was casting the IH9300 conversion. I would be glad to send you a couple pair if they would help you out. All I have are the headlight buckets though, I never did cast the lens for them. Could always use clear sheet stock to make the lens. Just let me know

Hey Doug

I have some of the headlights that look very close to that left over from when I was casting the IH9300 conversion. I would be glad to send you a couple pair if they would help you out. All I have are the headlight buckets though, I never did cast the lens for them. Could always use clear sheet stock to make the lens. Just let me know

Thanks Eric I have that part covered, a Friend gave me some head light from an old AMT van kit.

Thanks Doug

• 2 weeks later...