Model Cars Magazine Forum

So What's next in line for the Revell '32 Ford ?

What's Next for Revells '32 Fords ?  

110 members have voted

1. 1. What Would You like to see next in the Revell '32 Ford series ?

• Victoria
    • Phaeton
    • B-400 Convertable Sedan
    • Closed Cab Pick Up
    • Sedan Delivery / Panel

Guest G Holding

I would suspect dual drivelines, as the last versions had..keep the flattie, Navarro heads, Strombergs...as many as 6 . Then no 302 or hemi..A Caddy from the 49 merc and gotta have a 2 speed rear....Not a lot of new tooling needed just a bit of factory kitbashing....

There is still a lot they could do to a 32 Ford if they wanted to bring it in today's styling of show cars. There is already to many aftermarket and kit parts to bash any thing from the 50s and 60s and so on style.. All that is a cookie cutter cars that 99% of the people build of that car. Look around and see what they have done from Rizzo and such in there shops in the last 5yrs to a 32 ford and build that! If you can do that then you have moved away from the great fall of any thing that has seen as a bluh bluh same'ol same'ol 32s.

I would really really REALLY like to see something buildable as stock and upgrade-able to period correct hot-rod, as mentioned above. It takes a TON of work to make a righteous '40s or '50s rod from the kits as they are now. An optional buggy-spring-style rear crossmember (or 2 actually....one stock and one to hang an A or T spring and a quickchange). If the old parts-pack tooling still exists, they're halfway home.

Of course, I really don't mind doing a ton of work.

Edited by Ace-Garageguy

Ever ?

Honestly, no. Revell has done the four most popular versions-- 3-window, 5-window, sedan, and highboy-- and you can kitbash between them to make other versions, so I don't see much demand for a B-400, stock anything, Victoria, Phaeton, nor panel/SD. The Vicky is too much like the sedan for the average consumer, so I don't see 50,000 sales of that version happening.

Now, if some of the parts from the '32s could be shared with an all-new '34, that opens up many more possibilities, but for '32s alone, Revell has squeezed all the toothpaste of of this tube. :D

I'd like to see '31 Ford 5W Coupe, because the Monogram kit is getting old and pricey. It's much nicer car than '32 Ford, because if the non-curved A-Pillars.

But from those, I would choose Sedan, Delivery or Panel.

would like to see a chopped coupe and sedan bodies.

I agree. I would like to see chopped coupe and sedan, but with 40s/50s period correct parts (engines, chassis, suspensions, axles, etc). I would very much like an option to build them as stock cars or period correct hot rods. Most of the Revell 32 Ford kits now have modern street rod engines and suspensions, which I am personally not a fan of since I like traditional hot rods.

• 2 weeks later...