Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you get today? (Model Car Related Items)

Well I relearned a hard lesson again today.. I had a paint/glue bomb sent to me ( it really only need touched up and polished out good ) so it was sent USPS 1st class and marked with a stamp all over Fragile. and instead of putting it in a bigger drop off box or deliver it to my door like there suppose to. the postal worker smashed the box down and forced it in the regular mail drop box... now thank goodness in a way from the original builder using too much glue ( I did put some of back together ) the model is 90% ok.. but now I have to rebuild it.. and mold a new glass top for it instead of polishing out the scraches... :(

I would take everything down to the offending post office and speak to the postmaster. What the delivery guy did was unspeakable. Idiot should be fired.

Back when I sold car brochures on eBay, I mailed them out in hard photo mailers. I paid a lot of money to buy these to assure that the brochures got there in good condition. Can't tell you how many times a postal jerk bent the package marked FRAGILE in half to fit it through a mail slot. One guy even admitted that he watched the mail carrier, through his window, put the package against his front step and then stepped on it to fold it in half. Of course these folks expected me to replace the bent brochures!

Yeah. Get the postmaster involved. Down here in FLA, we don't have "real" mail carriers. They're contract people who bid for the routes. And I'm here to tell you, the carriers do their absolute best to NOT get their fat, lazy butts out of their vehicle. They are so lazy and stupid nthat when they deliver a box too big for our mailbox, they stop and put the little mail into the box. When I was a carrier, I just dropped everything by the door. How stupid!!!!

When I was a carrier, I just dropped everything by the door.

Here in Exton, PA I have a 200 foot driveway. Our large mail box is at the curb, but every time I get a package, the carrier walks all the way up to my front door and rings the bell. That's the way it needs to be done!

Guest Johnny

Tom said:

I would take everything down to the offending post office and speak to the postmaster. What the delivery guy did was unspeakable. Idiot should be fired.

Unfortunately they can't fire them! It is even worse than trying to fire teachers with tenure.

Same as the no layoff clause in their contract so they just find somewhere to stuff them and keep on paying!(Just heard a government spokesman tell that one today)

Unfortunately they can't fire them! It is even worse than trying to fire teachers with tenure.

Same as the no layoff clause in their contract so they just find somewhere to stuff them and keep on paying!(Just heard a government spokesman tell that one today)

Actually their day of reckoning is coming! My bro-in-law works at a sorting center scheduled to be closed. He doesn't know if he'll be relocated or laid off. And he's been there better than 25 years. He has been on third shift because as they have cut back due to attrition and layoffs over the years, he is low man in seniority. He has stayed there because he thinks his chances are better there, than to be low man at a local post office.

The local post offices will be cutting back once the Saturday delivery is nixed. I think we can do with 5 day mail delivery.

IMG_3077-vi.jpg

I never thought I'd be so happy to find basic supplies! I moved out here to PA and the local hobby shops don't have much of anything. In fact I got rock hard green putty at the closest one. Shows you how much they cater to modelers. So I was back in NJ Saturday for my club meeting and hit Avenel Hobbies. It was so nice to ask where the Metalizers were and the person behind the counter didn't give me a stupid look! I got the three Metalizers I was out of, Stainless Steel, Magnesium and Aluminum Plate. I regularly use all 5 tones to give interest to model undersides and engine bays. I also was all out of Bare Metal Foil! Man, I almost couldn't build without all this stuff. And while I was there I bought a new supply of Micromark decal paper for the inkjet. I'm down to using partial sheets for small decals. The only thing they didn't have was Alclad spray can. I think I can get that from a buddy this Friday.

IMG_3078-vi.jpg

And it's brandy new NNL East swag! The pens came in the mail this week, so I shared them with my fellow club members at Saturday's meeting. This was our annual work session where we bag up the license plates. 20 guys working an hour sure beats one guy working 20 hours! Thanks guys! And of course once the work was done we ordered some food!

My wife and I went to the MCMA showdown in Dallas this past Saturday. It was a great show and many talented builders participated. I sold some of my stash and added a few more. One of my trucks was photographed and will possibly be in another mag. Enough talking here is what I got to take home.

Edited by Evilbenny

My wife and I went to the MCMA showdown in Dallas this past Saturday. It was a great show and many talented builders participated. I sold some of my stash and added a few more. One of my trucks was photographed and will possibly be in another mag. Enough talking here is what I got to take home.

I want that Tamiya Wrangler and one of the Caravans.

You'll love that stuff Gary, the biggest problem I have is finding somewhere around me that can keep it in stock. It's used by every body shop around here for door jambs and small touch ups. And you will definitely need a mask or (Preferred) a respirator when you spray it, it is pungent!

You'll love that stuff Gary, the biggest problem I have is finding somewhere around me that can keep it in stock. It's used by every body shop around here for door jambs and small touch ups. And you will definitely need a mask or (Preferred) a respirator when you spray it, it is pungent!

I got mine from Napa in rockingham nc. They had a whole bunch of it. I have a respirator. I just hate to use it.

I got this little 43rd scale beauty. Side trim, window trim, grille and door handles are all photo etch as well as the hood ornament!

IMG_2994_zps95a91a30.jpg

IMG_2995_zpsda6e7838.jpg

IMG_2996_zps678de827.jpg

IMG_2997_zps3ccde586.jpg

There's no chassis detail but I don't care. Made by NEO models of Germany. The only thing I don't like is that it was advertised as a 1976 Dodge Charger but the pe badges say Cordoba. Heck they can't be seen anyway without a magnifier. B)

• ranma changed the title to Bought two totes with model's in them at the US 127 Garage sales:: here's what was inside of them...