Model Cars Magazine Forum

Another Rocket Bunny? really?

martinfan5

Yeah, burning through my stock, with the second version coming sometime this year, so after this one, I have one more left :lol:

Going to try and do this in white, I like the look of them in white

IMG_6323_zpsc84a0ijp.jpg

thinking these are the wheels I am going to use

IMG_6326_zps1qzn52eu.jpg

And then there is this

IMG_6325_zpszwqocppb.jpg

Edited by martinfan5

Don't want to sound like an uninformed weenie, but what is a Rocket Bunny, and what is the brand and make of this car???! Forgive me for being ignorant of a lot of stuff! Whatever it is, it looks good so far. If you intend to paint it white, you probably already know you need to use a top-quality primer or it will be grey! I just had this problem with a red plastic body that turned orange instead of yellow! I didn't lay down enough primer. Taking time (being patient) is always a good idea.

Don't want to sound like an uninformed weenie, but what is a Rocket Bunny, and what is the brand and make of this car???! Forgive me for being ignorant of a lot of stuff! Whatever it is, it looks good so far. If you intend to paint it white, you probably already know you need to use a top-quality primer or it will be grey! I just had this problem with a red plastic body that turned orange instead of yellow! I didn't lay down enough primer. Taking time (being patient) is always a good idea.

Oh, you dont sound like a uniformed weenie, the basic car is the Toyota 86, Rocket Bunny is the name of a series of body kits made by Kei Miura, the kit is made by Aoshima

Here is some info about him

http://www.speedhunters.com/2014/05/inside-the-mind-of-kei-miura/

http://www.speedhunters.com/2012/10/the-rocket-bunny-frs/

http://www.speedhunters.com/tag/kei-miura/

My plan is to use silver as barrier , will paint all the parts in silver , then come back with white primer.

Good luck building that frs/86, and as many over here told, Rocket Bunny its commonly heard nowadays in the tuner community, similar as liberty walk, japanese tuners, just cars trends copy in scale

this is number 13 of the Aoshima kit I have built, I think I can handle it :lol:

Body is about ready for the second stage of the color coat, what see in this photo is the stage one of the paint, I did a about two coats of silver, few coats of white primer as well.

IMG_6409_zpsvsx7xbps.jpg

IMG_6411_zpszr0blayx.jpg

The interior is about 99% done, but have not took any photos of it yet.

Edited by martinfan5