Model Cars Magazine Forum

"View All" button?

Wasn't sure where to post this but I saw this on another forum and thought it would work well on this forum. I go through a lot of different topics, as I'm sure a lot of you do, and I noticed more then most topics have 5-7 pages, especially the build pages.

So wouldn't it be great if when we entered the topic there was a "view all" button on the left side next to where the page numbers are that would allow you to load all the pages at once giving you the option to keep on flowing through the topic without having to to keep loading page after page? Just a thought.

I have thought about it too. I know HAMB has one and I use it 90% of the time when viewing a thread, unless it's 50+ pages and I don't want to wait for a week for it to load. Wouldn't take long to implement this feature with php.

if ($_GET["all"] == 1) <insert sql select statement to show all posts>

^ Yeah, I ran into that problem on HAMB couple times where they had a 50+ page thread with a lot of pictures, but it can be avoided by not pressing the view all button when you see that there are many pages.

If admins/mods like, they can contact me and I will create this feature for free, in case they don't want to do it themselves. I am a third year computer programmer student and have done a number of things with PHP and MySql before.

Yea I noticed HAMB was one of the sites that had the feature, there's only one other site I know that has it (streetsourcemag.com) and it seems to work great. I understand it would slow people up with a slower computer but for the majority of computer users now a days, the loading process isn't what it used to be and doesn't take all that long to load. If its that slow, Andrew is right, your probably better off avoiding that view all button.

I'm surprised there wasn't a bigger response, I thought for sure people would of been all over this. Just seems like the right feature for this site.

^ Yeah, I ran into that problem on HAMB couple times where they had a 50+ page thread with a lot of pictures, but it can be avoided by not pressing the view all button when you see that there are many pages.

If admins/mods like, they can contact me and I will create this feature for free, in case they don't want to do it themselves. I am a third year computer programmer student and have done a number of things with PHP and MySql before.

That's pretty cool you can do that, Im always amazed at how you guys can do such nice work with a bunch of codes that have a bunch of letters and symbols. I didn't even think it would be that easy. I hope they let you add it.