Model Cars Magazine Forum

Auto World Model Kit Collector’s Club

Does anyone know much about this ? I looked at the web site and it looks like you have to purchase whatever the "kits of the months" are. The bonus kit interested me, and I was wondering if it's true they would only be available to the club members. It seems it would be expensive to produce these kits, to only make enough for the club members. Could there be that many people enrolled ? Just wondering if anyone had some information. This is the bonus kit I'm interested in.

post-11815-0-98252500-1398908031_thumb.p

at a glance, it looks like you get one of everything they make, and it's charged automatically to your credit card. or can you pick your area of interest?

never mind, looked again, they have more areas of interest coming.

Edited by tbill

From what I understand, this is just a pre-release shipment club. You get that model before it is released to the general public. So the Paddy Wagon will be released in mid December. Details are here http://autoworldcollectorclub.com/

Thanks, I guess I read too much into that thinking it was a perk for members only, not a pre-release..

Seems like a way to cut hobby shops out of the sales channel.

Sorry....short term gain, long term lost for the hobby.

I'll pass. I've got a good shop within twenty miles and would like to support it.

Seems like a way to cut hobby shops out of the sales channel.

Sorry....short term gain, long term lost for the hobby.

I'll pass. I've got a good shop within twenty miles and would like to support it.

I have to agree with Mike here...we have no hobby shops here and none for a long ways a way. Id support a local one if we had one first myself.

I already have a hard time, keeping from adding, to my vast collection of unbuilt kits. Now they want me to sign up, to have kits, sent straight to my house? I'm thinking, not. Do they give you a chance to opt out, if you don't like the kit(s) of the month?

1 of the things that most of you are missing is that, the hobby shops have already lost out on this. They are AUTO WORLD Exclusives and would not be in the hobby shops anyway. You will only be able to get these EXCLUSIVES through Auto World. You would just be able to get them before the General Public can get them. And most will be in LIMITED NUMBERS.

I already have a hard time, keeping from adding, to my vast collection of unbuilt kits. Now they want me to sign up, to have kits, sent straight to my house? I'm thinking, not. Do they give you a chance to opt out, if you don't like the kit(s) of the month?

I signed up , but this is a question I have as well. I'm hoping you can opt out of kits you aren't interested in , because although it is nice to have extra stuff , some of the stuff is stuff I wouldn't buy...

I use to be a member of the Blueprinter with exclusive issue kits and they ended up on the shelves anyway...not to mention I paid my renewal fee and then they quit...never got anything back ether? I am not saying its not a good thing for anyone out there...there just going to have to impress me to get me to join up...how about bringing some kit to the light of day that have not seen it in over 30 years?...so far so good with the re-issues coming out to the general public of buyers... make it and they will buy them.

It sounds interesting. However, I don't like the idea of being charged for a kit to be sent to me every month that I may not want. Want to be able to pick and choose.

The only way I see joining is if they come out with kits that have not been out in 40 or 50 years and use those for

the limited edition runs; ie, MPC 68' Dodge Coronet R/T, AMT 64' Grand Prix, AMT Chevy Impala/Chevelle drag team, etc.

The Hotwheels Redline club does this. You sign up and pay the annual membership fee. Every month an old original Hotwheels car comes out and if you want it you buy it, if you don't like it you don't buy it and your not automatically charged for anything. The Hotwheel exclusives are very good and are from the 68 to 73 era; Custom Dodge Charger, King Cuda, Evil Weevil, Mighty Maverick, Beach Bomb , etc. They even came out with the Hotwheel car pictured on the packaging that came out in the late 60's. Also, you get a reproduction of the metal badge.

If they take this direction more people would sign up.

I hope it does not end up being kits that we've seen re-released over and over.

Edited by GMP440

• 5 months later...

I would join in a heartbeat. But, only if I had the option of rejecting what I don't want. I'm not interested in any of the figures or diecast. Plus, I don't like the idea of things being charged to a credit card. PayPal, sure. Credit card, no way!