Model Cars Magazine Forum

2005-2010 Mustang

martinfan5

Here is the GT500, I have more pics posted of it in under glass .

07d.jpg

Now I can start the 2010 mustang, here a few pics, I have the paint picked out already, I am going to use MM lacquer royal blue pearl. I also did work on the wheels to get them to fit in to the tires I bought for it.

10fm.jpg

10fm1.jpg

Shhhh Rick, you're blowing our cover!

In all honesty, most guys who build model Mustangs seem to concentrate on the early cars. Whenever a late model Mustang in scale is posted, it is largely ignored. Having their own build threads ensures that they get the love they deserve!

Oops sorry Bradley lol I thought everyone knew lol

Well Today I picked up my 2010 kit Woooo Hooooo so add it to the build cause I'm so gonna build it soon lol

Looks fairly similar to the 05-09 kits so it'll get the same lowering treatment and such they get. Dunno bout the color yet but dangit ya better believe its gonna be a Spoiler Delete lol

GT500 looks AWESOME,Jonathon!!! :D :D :D

Rick,I used to run the roads in a four-eyed Fox myself,and wouldn't mind another! If I can't find the perfect minitruck for a daily (to save the mileage on the GT,and to haul bikes and such with),I hope to find another ol Fox (four eyes or not-4 banger automatic...4 banger for MPG's,slushbox so Mama can drive it on occasion as well B) )...I can slap a 3 bike roof rack on there,and when I need to haul trash and such,fold the rear seats down,slap a hitch on the GT and tow the trailer (which I currently have no way of towing... :blink: ) when I need to haul something big,teeheehee!

I gots me one of them 2010 GT's on layaway (along with a buttload of Stang kits lost in the house-fire) that I'll be paying on this weekend,picking up soon :)

Edited by Olskoolrodder

Got some work done on the 2010, I got a good part of the chassis painted( going by pics from the build review on the 1/16th one).

I have to say that this one of my better paint jobs, I took the pic just after I finished painting it. There are a few spots that I need to sand and re spray, I have only put down one wet coat so far.

10m3.jpg

10m2.jpg

Very nice colour Jonathan, i was thinking about getting the 2010 stang as iv had a few of the other 05 onwards stang's but i need to know if some of the parts like chassis interior ect are interchangable, im guessing some are but if they are il be sticking a GT500 engine and interior straight in the 2010 stang then start custom work on the body.

Decklan, allow me to spend money for you by telling you that Revell has released their 2010 GT500 kit to stores. No need to transplant any part back and forth, unless you have them already. If so, the earlier GT500 powertrain will swap nicely into the 2010GT.

Sadly, these car suffer from too shallow of wheelwells, both front and rear. The 1:1 cars can swallow up 20"x10" fronts, and the rears have seen 22"x12". Their scale brethren, however, cannot even swallow the stock wheels well, let alone aftermarket sets (I:E.....Pegasus, Aoshima, Fujimi) without massive surgery to do so. Lowering only complicates this matter more. I am still working on a proper fix for the fronts, but the rears have proven to be do-able with a razor-saw, #11 Exacto, and some styrene surgery/relocation/addition.

Are you talking about the big scale GT500,or have they released a this scale version? I'm going to the LHS that was semi-local to the old house today to pic up a layaway (that's long overdue-it includes all the S197's I lost in the fire and a 2010 GT),I'll look see if they have one (this scale...as much as I love the GT500's I won't be building a big scale,don't enjoy em as much) Now I'm all anxious!

Man! I hope he's talkin the smaller scale GT500. If so I'm all over it. As far as i know i have at least one of each of the 05 to 09 kits and plan to continue with the 10+

decided on my 10 I'm gonna match her to her 05 sister

S7301012.jpg

I styled her to look like a 67 as ya see cause that's what I see when I look at an 05. Now on this '10 i can't decide if I want to take out the GT grille or use it to my advantage to give the car a 70 look. Hehe. We'll see where that goes when i can pull out the 70 body to start eyeballin the 2. If i decide not to use the 70 styling I will cut out the grille and those obnoxious fog lights and install a modded 68 grille in. If i got the 70 route another thing I may do to keep the style will be filling on the rear quarter glass and replacing it with a 69/70 quarter glass either an aftermarket style applique or an actual cut out window

Sadly, these car suffer from too shallow of wheelwells, both front and rear. The 1:1 cars can swallow up 20"x10" fronts, and the rears have seen 22"x12". Their scale brethren, however, cannot even swallow the stock wheels well, let alone aftermarket sets (I:E.....Pegasus, Aoshima, Fujimi) without massive surgery to do so. Lowering only complicates this matter more. I am still working on a proper fix for the fronts, but the rears have proven to be do-able with a razor-saw, #11 Exacto, and some styrene surgery/relocation/addition.

Bradley is so right about this. I had to do some modding to my KR to get its wheels under it after lowering it to a more acceptable ride height. But oh well we learn these tricks an are able to use em on future builds. I've learned exactly how to lower these cars and it appears the same trick works on the '10 hehehe

OK, so since I was invited to join this CBP, I'll try to catch everyone up with my WIP that I have going in the On The Workbench section. I am starting with the Revell '07 Shelby GT500 kit.

GT50001.jpg

I'll be using a set of Pegasus 225/45/18 tires in place of the kit tires and Tamiya TS-49 Bright Red paint.

GT50002.jpg

The body is painted.

GT50005.jpg

The engine is complete and installed in the chassis.

GT500014.jpg

A shot of the completed chassis.

GT500015.jpg

More to come...

Yes, the Revell 1/25th scale 2010 GT500 is in shops now, along with the 1/12th scale. The 1/25th scale will have a red GT500 on the box art. I saw the box art car at Toledo NNL, and it looks the same as in the box photo. I snagged one last week when I was in HobbyTown USA.

The chassis is different from the 05-09 units, but is a mimic of the '10 GT.

Mike: Hello old friend,long time no'see'! Build's looking FANTASTIC (as usual coming fromyour bench :) ). I LOVE those in red! We saw one filling up earlier today on the way back from the LHS (no longer local since we moved,but been going there over a decade and it's a local owned gig I like to support),we were filling up at the pump behind him-he in his '09 GT500,,us in our '94 GT Ragtop (both red,BTW)...it just felt too cool,LOL! Can't waitto see more on this one :D

PS: Where can one order those Pegasus tires? As we all know,the ones in the kits are kinda...crappy and out of scale\profile. Thanks :)

Bradley: Thanks for the info,I didn't know it was even coming (the '10 GT500 in the smaller scale),looking at it on Model Roundup now. I picked that lay away up today. The kits relevant to this CBP are a '10 GT,'05 GT,and the GT500 and GT500KR kits. There was a Bullitt in there,but thinking I had one at home already (I have the GTH kit already,thought I had the Bullitt too),I swapped it out for a Mobious Hudson,LOL! Whoops! :blink::lol: Except for the '10 GT,which wasn't out before the hose fire,I had at least one of each of these,sigh.

I'll be trying to order these two I'm missing hopefully soon. Any word on when\if they'll do an updated '11 with the Coyote 5.0L,or a Boss 302? Those would be killer (and presumably simple for Revell) updates,IMHO! I'd still love to see a modified '99 SVT into a GT or (even better) MACH I too though,LOL!

Since I've been enjoying a really good spell with my ailments,it's really hard to get me off the bicycles (knowing a bad spell puts me off them ompletely and is always a "could happen any time"),so I haven't been working on anything lately,but with several new kits,I'm feeling anxious again,LOL! :P

Edited by Olskoolrodder

No word on the Coyote variant yet; don't think they will until they have exhausted the other options. With that said, look to December/January for the 2010 GT Convertible snap kit.I know, Groan...a snapper...big deal. Well, Revell has cast the hood for the snapper separately (read: able to swap the full-detail underpinnings/drivetrain into the snap kit) and it is along the same lines as the rest of the '10 kits.

Also, Mike is right; scaledreams (Rick) is a great source for Pegasus wheels, and he is a good guy to deal with as well.

Good to hear you got a 'Stang stash built back up Stephen, and I am sure we will be seeing them soon!

Mike and Bradley: Thanks for the tip on the tires :) The kit supplied ones...kinda suck,LOL! Good news on the ragtop kit coming too! I'll have to score another '10 GT donor for a full detail ragtop,and a second ragtop for Nick (my 9 year old) to snap fast (pun intended..."Snap-Fast_plus",get it? :rolleyes::P ).

I sold a Kicker "isoberic subwoofer enclosure" (if I didn't mispell) I had taken in trade for that Blazer's cowl induction hood I had kept after church this morning,so I ran to Hobbytown this afternoon,picked up the '10 GT500 (1:25,not the big one,which I doubt I'll build) and '08 Bullitt,so (until December\January anyways) I once again have a complete set o the '06 and up. I'm knee deep in the detailing a snapper replica of a formerly owned 1:1 car for a (timed) CBP elsewhere (and I'm actually working on it,LOL),but that one shouldn't take too long,I can't wait to get on one of these. The only one of the lot I've previously built was the '06 GT,and that was back in '06...been to long (and since I've lost steam in the pair of SN95's on the bench for now...).

Mike,liking that shifter much better :D

So here's what I scored in the last 48 hours (already had the '06-?- Shelby GTH)...

IMG_3558.jpg

IMG_3561.jpg

Edited by Olskoolrodder

Hey guys, I havent been on here much the last few days, me and the almost wife and baby have been not feeling good, pluse having things to do. I have not done alot on the 2010 Gt, I did do one more wet coat, so now its ready for the clear coats, but it got really windy and had rain so waited for it to warm a but again.

I am going to pick up the GT500 KR version this week, and I am going to order the 2010 Shelby that just came out as well soon.

Mike- glad to see you posted your work , nice work so far.

olskool, well I would say you have kits for this build now :lol:

I want to make sure the list of who is doing what is up to date, so let me know if its correct