Model Cars Magazine Forum

R.I.P. Larry Hagman

Sad news, Larry Hagman 81, died Friday from complications of throat cancer

I think I will remember him more as Major Neslon then I will JR , which I find funny because I was just a kid during the Dallas show

http://tv.yahoo.com/...-044041015.html

Which Dallas show?

----

Seriously, the Hag's passing is a notable loss to many people ... who didn't love I Dream of Jeanne? And the original Dallas series was a blockbuster for nearly a decade and a half. Who didn't wonder who shot JR?

RIP, JR. Even the New Dallas is just not going to be the same without that masterful conniving polecat!

:mellow:

I remember him from the original Dallas, never saw IDOJ, way before my time..

You're one of the oldest young guys I've ever encountered. :P

Even my children have watched I Dream of Jeanne via syndicated reruns on mainstream broadcast TV and especially cable. Their children even watched "IDOJ"* as they grew up. It's a classic institution.

B)

* Interesting note. Making an acronym of everything is pretty much an invention of your generation. Previously, whole English was spoken for the large part and acronyms were only occasionally used. Referring to everything by acronyms was way after my time. ^_^

Which Dallas show?

The original, we were living in Wiley TX during the time of the show, I say that because it was the next town over that the Ranch was located. I remember watching reruns of I Dream Of Jeanie on Nick at Night with dad, well should say he got me watching it, I have to say, and being honest, I only watch because of Babara Eden :lol:

I knew Larry had been in ill health fighting cancer for awhile , I was kind of surprised he was playing his old role as JR in the new Dallas series , the original cast members made the new series worth watching again. Guess they will play JR out something like they did Jock Ewing . RIP Larry Hagman

Ever seen the Honeymooners? I Love Lucy? Lots of good stuff was made "way before your time!"

My little sister and I grew up in the Seventies and watched all that stuff in reruns...I Dream of Jeannie, The Monkees, The Munsters, The Brady Bunch, Andy Griffith Show, I Love Lucy, Hogan's Heroes, McHale's Navy, My Three Sons, Gilligan's Island, etc. We didn't worry about black and white shows because the only TV in our house into the early 80s was my grandparent's old b&w Zenith console.

Capt Jack Harkness?

FaceBook Doctor Who and the Tardis ~ The Group! :D/>

Whovian here.. :D/>

Yup, Capt. Jack! Got hooked on Dr. Who a few years back while Tennent was still the Doctor.

BTW, you'll probably want to watch NCIS tuesday night. Looks like Alex Kingston will be in it and her character in it will be very Dr. River Song like!