Model Cars Magazine Forum

Elm City Hobbies - November Update

Sorry to dissagree Len, NO disrespect intended to you, BUT this guys JUST advertising for his BUISNESS. He hasn't posted any thing RELAVENT to this board, JUST his buisness. AND it IS prohibited to SELL on the board. At least the other guys who DO sell their buisness items ALSO post their builds(Sorry to use an UN-word) or at least post comments related to the builds(there's that un-word again)that others post. This gentleman ONLY posts items about his sales of overpriced items. Sorry,Bro, but I can't agree, And I'm NOT sure, but I THINK this is what others call "Spamming"? :P:lol::P:D

Sorry to dissagree Len, NO disrespect intended to you, BUT this guys JUST advertising for his BUISNESS. He hasn't posted any thing RELAVENT to this board, JUST his buisness. AND it IS prohibited to SELL on the board. At least the other guys who DO sell their buisness items ALSO post their builds(Sorry to use an UN-word) or at least post comments related to the builds(there's that un-word again)that others post. This gentleman ONLY posts items about his sales of overpriced items. Sorry,Bro, but I can't agree, And I'm NOT sure, but I THINK this is what others call "Spamming"? :D:rolleyes::P:P

I agree, it is spam.

OK, here's the deal. I know Scott. Elm City is our only half decent hobby shop in a 200 mile area. I assure you he is NOT trying to spam you. He's obviously not familiar with this site and has just posted in the wrong section.

Seems to me you guys are ganging up on him seeing as how there's at least a dozen posts exactly like this one on the other section here and no one has accused them of spamming.

And as far as selling kits other than cars, , I don't think I know of any shops other than internet and mail order only that only sell cars. , , , Heck, I've even been known to build a plaine of sifi kit once'n a while.

Oh, and I might add, Scott is quite a fine builder also,, maybe if we ask him he'll post a few pics of his cars.

I have to agree with Steve guy's... There are so many hobby shops going down the tubes lately, I don't see anything wrong with Scott advertising here, except maybe in the correct thread. He's just trying to stay afloat in this world, and give us what we want... MODELS!!! :lol:

Hey there guys,

You know what? Whether you believe it or not.....I honestly didn't see the "Retailer's" section below. I should have scrolled a little farther. All I saw was the swap shop, and didn't see anything else, and posted here unknowingly, and I apologize for that.

So, this is NOT spam.....just a mistake. Moderators, if you could please, move this to the "Retailer's" section below.

Now to address some of the other comments,

J. Sauber

"Ok, here's the deal"?........Did Harry or Gregg suddenly "knight you" with moderator powers? Since when is your view considered the "bottom line"?

Don't see Moderator status next to your name either.....so kinda the pot calling the kettle black wouldn't you say?

Foxer

Did you know that this is a model CAR forum?

I DO realize he carries automobiles, but the links went to pages of airplane kits. I guess I was in a spam-free mood and should have just sputtered my lips to myself making airplane sounds.

Yes I know this is a CAR forum....Model Car Magazine Forum kinda gave it away.

Actually none of the links went directly to any airplane kits. One went to Pre-Orders, which the first item just happens to be an airplane, and the other went to New Items, which if you cared to scroll through that....you would see that I have the latest releases from Revell and AMT....sorry, I don't have any pre-orders for car kits, I offer pre-orders when my suppliers offer them to me for my customers....and I can't control which companies offer them to my suppliers....and seems Trumpeter isn't interested in doing that many car kits, the GT-40 being the first new one in a couple of years!!

George 53 (supposed to be proper names on here no?)

He hasn't posted any thing RELAVENT to this board,

This gentleman ONLY posts items about his sales of overpriced items.

Nothing Relavent, first off.....spell checkers, its spelled relevant, second of all....that is your opinion and you know what they say about opinions. As far as overpriced items, as I explained to you before, you can't compare prices from your local hobby shop, located in Michigan, or anywhere else in the US, to prices in Canada, prices on my website are in CANADIAN FUNDS.....put the US exchange in there, and I am sure it brings it closer to what they are in the US. Cross the boarder and see what the prices for kits are here in Canada, you would be quite surprised at what hobby shops are asking for their car kits, you see I know these things, because I do the research, and the price checking.

Steve and Custom Hearse, thanks for the support.

Again, sorry for this being in the wrong spot, it was not intentional at all...I just missed the Retailer section farther down, and I will not make the same mistake again.

Model Car Magazine is carried in my shop (and not Scale Auto), and I hopefully, if I can afford it, have advertising in the magazine itself. Have to look into the cost.

Thanks

Scott

PS: And yes I do build.....I will have to search through some of my pics and "show off" what I have built. Lots of times when I see other builds on here.....I don't think that mind measure up.....but I guess we are all our own worst critics.

Yeah, the spammers should get a free ticket to ride just as long as they remember to throw a few model car kits into the mix, right?.... :(

Jeff,

Maybe your shorts are a bit too tight, :lol: loosen up this is a FREAKIN HOBBY......You are always looking for something to gripe about, at least that is my perception...

I don't care what you say, someone posting a model related topic, in the wrong section or not, isn't spamming in my eyes. Now if he came on here selling long distance phone cards, or surplus combat boots that have been RFA, I'd say he was spamming...

Loosen up guy.....

BTW, I'd love to get Gregg or Harry's take on this one.....

Edited by Len Geisler

Um, most advertisers here post in the proper forum, especially if they are repeat users. We have a section specifically designed for this very thing, and most here follow those guidelines.

I'm willing to bet however, the reason this elm city fella has repeatedly posted in the general section, is because he's wise enough to know that this section generates the most traffic, and that's where his plugs will get the best exposure.

Maybe I'm wrong, but I doubt it. This isn't the first "elm city plug" I've seen misplaced, so the "I'm a newb" excuse, doesn't really seem to hold much water.

It's kind of ironic wouldn't you say Steve?.....Just the other day you were going around reminding everyone to FOLLOW THE RULES and to post their real names, if using a handle........Then we have this elm guy that comes along trying to drum up some business in the wrong forum, and you think it's just great and dandy.... :(

Just think, if Elm city had posted this in the right section to begin with, none of this BS would be taking place....The rules should be easy to follow, right Steve?

[Hey Harry, you may want to move this thread to the proper area before it deteriorates any further and requires lockage and/or deleting].

See, here you go again, with your judge and jury ######-o-la again....

What gives guy?