Model Cars Magazine Forum

Durachrome Bug II

Hello......this is the first Durachrome bug that I built about 3 years ago.....I had posted the other one that I did awhile ago......this Durachrome bug was one of the few that Warren built as a 1:1 car.......I stated with Reliable Resins body......scartch built frame and tins......wired and plumbed.....parts from parts box......Dupont "Jarret" red and Tamiya gold......foil.....thank`s for looking.

DSCF7584.jpg

DSCF7547.jpg

DSCF7589.jpg

DSCF7537.jpg

DSCF7568.jpg

DSCF7564.jpg

DSCF7531.jpg

DSCF7580.jpg

DSCF7581.jpg

DSCF7585.jpg

No big block Chevy? :P

Nice build John, always thought that the "Bug" was a strange but cool car,from what I always heard about the car was that it loved the guard rails, "kissing" them on about every run. I also have to agree with Casey, I was under the impression that the car was a BBC, I know at least the first one was, did Gunther switch to a hemi for the 2nd car?

Nice build John, always thought that the "Bug" was a strange but cool car,from what I always heard about the car was that it loved the guard rails, "kissing" them on about every run. I also have to agree with Casey, I was under the impression that the car was a BBC, I know at least the first one was, did Gunther switch to a hemi for the 2nd car?

Hi Richard.......thank`s for the comment........in this post I stated that I built this bug 3 years ago.....I just built it with parts box parts......he did run BBC`s.......back then I just built for fun.....now day`s I try to be more accurate.......this secound bug was another that he ran ......I tried to be a llittle more accurate using parts box parts again........to resemble a Chevy......but as you can tell it`s not that accurate.....but,it was the best I could do with what I had.......thank`s again,John

DSCF5966.jpg

DSCF5985.jpg

DSCF5972.jpg