Model Cars Magazine Forum

New Releases from Revell

I do have on major beef though, we have absolutely no need for another Enzo kit. there's 3 out there already. (Tamiya, Fujimi, and Revell full detail). The car is aged. and is not as popular as it was 5-6 years ago. There's plenty of other Ferrari's out there that have not been kitted, like the 599 GTO, and the new FF. I don't understand the need for a snap Enzo kit. unless Ferrari really pushed Revell for it.

From the other Revell new releases thread:

"As a level setter to the overall market, Revell did say their biggest selling kits are Snaptite and wear the bow tie emblem."

Snap kits sell, and kids and adults recognize a Ferrari when they see it. They don't care if it's and Enzo, F50, or a GTO, but if it's red and looks racy, young boys will probably recognize it as being a Ferrari, associate it with speed and going fast, and want it.

I was already stoked about the Rat Roaster, and the fact it's a new tool only whets my appetite more. My only reservation is that I hope Revell engineers it to be backwards-compatible with its other '32 kits. Failure to do so would be a VERY foolish move on the company's part, IMO.

I'd love to see that too, but if it isn't exactly backwards-compatible with Revell's other Deuce kits, I think I'm brave enough to try making a kitbash work. B)

thanks rob hall. now it looks like ill have to buy at least two of them to make a longbed

Somebody already makes one, so save yourself a lot of work. It was discussed in the Resin section this past winter, IIRC.

Also, I think the AMT (ex-MPC) GMC is the only kit in 1/25 with the Fleetside bed, and it has those funky bed-side storage door lines engraved into it. The Revell (ex Monogram) 1/24 GM C-10 kits are well done, but typical of early '80s Monogram, with an interior bucket and bench seat molded as one, with very undetailed door panels. However, the pickup's bed was very nicely done, unlike the MPC GMC's. I think the Chevy and GMC grilles and tailgates can be straight swapped on the ex-Monogram 1/24 kits, too.