Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you get today? (Model Car Related Items)

Yes the kit is the same contents as the yellow one with newer decals. I got 2 of the new ones today and compared them with my older ones. The decals for this version only have the # 50 car. The team ran 2 cars at Lemans in '03 with them being the # 50 and also # 53. My son is doing one and I was going to do the other. Does anyone know of a source for them, or anyone willing to make me a # sheet for it ? The correct paint for them is available from Scalefinishes also if anyone wants to go that route. My son also got some Tamiya paint and a p/e sheet on clearance for a Tamiya GTR. :D

ok some of you fellas wanted to see pics so here ya go!....

these are resin cast dually front steer wheels and i think the tires are resin as well....

DSCI0651.jpg

DSCI0648.jpg

DSCI0645.jpg

DSCI0647.jpg

theres the pics for ya!....im going to be moding it to be a later model...03-04 ish dually truck using a caddy escalade nose!

I was given these by an older friend of mine who built these YEARS ago, he said. He had a few other built models (36 Ford roadster, and others) that he told me he intended to rebuild some day. I told him that if he ever wanted to get rid of them to call me.

30's Hubley die-cast Taxi

DSCN5169.jpg

DSCN5171.jpg

DSCN5172.jpg

More in next post.

Later-

My friend also gave me this book:

DSCN5158.jpg

It has some nice reference photos for a car similar to the 55 Chrysler 300. It was called the A600. I may try to do a replica of it when they FINALLY come out with the 300.

DSCN5159.jpg

Chassis shots:

DSCN5160.jpg

DSCN5161.jpg

Daytona shot:

DSCN5163.jpg

300 assembly shots:

DSCN5162.jpg

Sorry for all the photos.

Later-

Edited by Modlbldr

34 Ford Pickup:

It has interesting hubcaps. Does anyone know if these came in the original kit or are they from another kit? Are they custom or are they a stock cap? I've never seen them before.

More in the next post.

Later-

They must have come with the kit- the one I got a few days ago and posted here has those same wheel covers on it.

I guess I'm becoming a collector- bought this one because its the last one I need for a "complete set" of unbuilt Volares ('77 Volare, "77 Road Runner Super Pak, '78, '79 Road Runner, '80 Fuzz Duster)

The first one I'd seen at at decent price in a long time

Lucky you...I only have the 2 '77s....the other 3 are all on my 'grail' list...

• ranma changed the title to Bought two totes with model's in them at the US 127 Garage sales:: here's what was inside of them...