Model Cars Magazine Forum

You see, my original post and what I said and what your saying are two different things. If you don't want to watch your 6 year old nephew play video games, then just come flat out and tell him. But what my cousin is always telling me is he claims he always see the same very stuff we talk about on tv just after we talk about the stuff. I find that very very very very hard to believe anymore. Maybe once in a while yea but almost all the time.. no way. He's always coming up with some kind of excuse about everything it seems. But yesterday really took the cake though and when he told me to ask around and to look it up online I figure I would take his advice for once LOL

You're right, it is different. I made up the part about a 6-year old doubting my BS stories. He believes them. To be fair, he's an innocent child. I'm not going to tell him that watching him play video games is boring because he would not understand. That's because...wait for it...he's six years old. There's no need to hurt a little kid's feelings. The story about my leg is plausible, though. I spent 8 days in the hospital because of my leg and he visited me a couple of times.

What I'm getting at here is that it blows my mind that you believe your cousin at all. The fact that anyone would take you seriously is amazing. OH HOW I WISH I could post a link to a medical question on another website. Boy was that one a hoot. The fact that a moderator took it seriously...wow.

I think your cousin just doesn't want to lend the chainsaw to you and made up the story.

I have neighbors and relatives that are always asking about borrowing certain tools and they have yet to figure out that it is easier to go to Lowes or Home Depot because I make them wait until I feel like it. A neighbor wanted to borrow my leaf blower last fall. I said sure, got to get it back from my brother first. I let him know at Christmas that my brother finally returned it, he said "Nevermind, I used a rake instead". When I made a mention that he was welcome for the free exercise, he didn't get it!

I have decided to not lend the following anymore to family or friends:

1. Money

2. Tools

3. Vehicle

Too many potential problems and opportunities to ruin relationships. I figure the bank is where people should start if they need any of the above- they are in the business of lending money to purchase #2 & 3.

LOL. Funniest thing I have ever read here. Good stuff.

My 6-year old nephew wants me to watch him play video games every time I visit. Not play games with him, just watch. He wants to know why my doctor would say I can't climb stairs. It almost seems like he doubts what I say.

I once took him and my mom to a Chinese restaurant for lunch. He was feeling kind of cranky and reaaly needed a nap. This about 2 years ago, btw. We got fortune cookies and he was fascinated when mom and I read him our fortunes. I think he doubted me when I read his: "After lunch, Jake will take a nap on Uncle Lee's couch".

Seriously- I can't believe this thread has any sincere replies.

I think your cousin just doesn't want to lend the chainsaw to you and made up the story.

I have neighbors and relatives that are always asking about borrowing certain tools and they have yet to figure out that it is easier to go to Lowes or Home Depot because I make them wait until I feel like it. A neighbor wanted to borrow my leaf blower last fall. I said sure, got to get it back from my brother first. I let him know at Christmas that my brother finally returned it, he said "Nevermind, I used a rake instead". When I made a mention that he was welcome for the free exercise, he didn't get it!

I have decided to not lend the following anymore to family or friends:

1. Money

2. Tools

3. Vehicle

Too many potential problems and opportunities to ruin relationships. I figure the bank is where people should start if they need any of the above- they are in the business of lending money to purchase #2 & 3.

Exactly. I learned the hard way a long time ago, NOT GONNA HAPPEN. I don't loan. Too many slugs with no sense of morals.

My wife's cousin from up the street wanted to borrow my new 400 dollar chain saw to "dig the roots up in his front yard. I simply told him. There are a few thongs you dont loan out. Your cain saw, your loan mower and your wife. He asked why. I said they will come back knocking or kncked up.