Model Cars Magazine Forum

Revell '57 Ford Custom 2'n1

They're out there, my local Hobbytown had a couple on the shelf. $26.95 is a bit steep, I'll wait till HobbyLobby gets them and use my 40% off coupon.

My two kits with shipping were $19.99 each and the seller combined shipping cutting that cost almost in half from $8.99 each to $10,99 for the two of them which I think is pretty decent. I've bought from him before and he has always been fair to deal with - I wish that mose Ebay sellers were like him. I am expecting mine today as my wife is picking up the mail and she should be home any time. I'm really looking forward to this purchase arrivng!

Now that I've had a few hours to study this kit all I can say I am very excited about the prospects in terms of the versatility of this kit. I can already see a gasser, a couple of stock builds, one shiny, one rusty . . . and perhaps a conversion. Something unexpected with big meats in the back.

Thanks for the video review , Doc !

Revell's really turned-up their think tank and have been producing some top shelf kits ! Kudos !

The most impressive thing I've seen aboutt his kit thusfar is the metal exhaust tips !!!!

*That* is a nice touch ! Kudos again !!

I'm on board with the guys who'd like to see subsequent years of this gem issued . To me , Ford had the nicest looking cars from '55-'60 ; nicer than the coveted GM offerings , and nicer than Chrysler's offerings (and I'm a life-long MoPar guy ! But , I do like all makes :) ).

'59 Ranchero , anyone ?

:( :( :unsure::mellow: No '57 Fords in the mail yesterday.. arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;) Oh well - anticipation creates expectation and excitement I suppose... :wacko:

I agree with more of the mid to late '50's Fords - a '58 fairlane 500 2 door hardtop and convertible would be nice - as would a nicely detailed new tool '57 Fairlane hardtop and convertible as well as matching '59's. While we are at it, how about a '56 convertible? I really do find myself wondering why convertibles are so shunned by the model industry? Would it be so complicated to produce two kits that shared most components besides the body shell and maybe the bare interior bucket? :mellow:

57details.jpg

Yes?:

57_Ford_Fireball_Roberts_DV_05_Amelia_02.jpg

Yes, it seems a bit like the '62 Vette kit, where future parts are shown, even though they aren't included in the first release/version of the kit.

I just got my kits at Nankin Hobby in Farmington Hills today.

Turns out the Hood Pull pictured above is part #105 on the chrome parts tree, which is present in the kit but omitted from the parts listing on the instruction sheet.

Even more interesting are the parts directly above the hood pull on the close-up of the parts tree above, which are parts #21 and #22, which make up a Paxton blower assembly to my eyes. They are are also omitted from the parts listing on the instruction sheet. These are also included in the first issue kit parts tree, so in addition to the stock four barrel and dual four barrel options, the first issue kit also includes at least a portion of the Paxton blower assembly. Pretty cool! TIM

Just got mine today. Both the hobby stores at a bunch. Upon examination of mine. Noticed faint mold lines. Nothing serious and also the paxton supercharger or pieces of it on the chrome tree. If i remember right the amt 57 ford has the paxton pieces as well.

I have one coming from my local neighborhood plastic pusher, but I dropped the second kit in favor of ordering several of the ModelKing police car kits. Can't wait for those!!

(Now that the police car kit version has been announced, I can wait for the regular issue.)

B)