Model Cars Magazine Forum

Modelhaus Order

There's a warm, reassuring sensation when you hit the submit button when ordering from The Modelhaus. I know in a few weeks I'm going to come home and find a package of some of the most awesome model parts money can buy waiting for me......

Bound to make any day better! :)

Agreed. I have experienced this many times. Never a disappointment.

Anyone know if the Modelhaus 1958 Buick has the same shallow interior tub that the original annual does ?

How about the interior on there 1958 Oldsmobile ?

I have the Modelhaus '58 Buick Limited . It is a Monster , longer than the contemporary Cadillac that year . I think the interior is much longer and deeper than the original . I had a semi destroyed warped Promo in my youth . The interior on the '58 Olds I am unable to help you with . Thanx ..

• 3 weeks later...

Hey guys sorry for highjacking this thread. Since ya all are talking bout modelhause and him retiring do you think I would be safe ordering a few bodies from him .I'm trying to locate aBuick 47 roadmaster fastback To answer my own question I should just try and contact them right.

Edited by 1zebra3

From looking at Modelhaus's listing of kits and parts, they do not make anything for a 47 Buick. http://www.modelhaus.com/

Sorry Ramfins59 I didn't make myself very clear. I'm thinking of purchasing some bodies from Modelhaus and wondering if he is still casting stuff or just selling what he has left since he is retiring.

TKM cast a 47 buick back in the day. I'm just trying to put out there that I'm looking for one of these if anybody has one for sale.

From what I have read, they are still casting and producing as orders come in. I think they are anticipating a rush of orders before they retire and that is why they gave the modeling community a two-year heads up that they were going to retire. as far as ordering from the modelhaus, order without any fear as to the quality of the parts. I have a few of their bodies and many more of the smaller bits and pieces that they produce. Everything I have ever gotten from them as being top quality.

Yeah they're not retiring until May 2017 so we should have plenty of time to place orders and get what we want. Personally, over the past 3 years I've bought a half dozen of their kits and numerous replacement parts, and I'll be placing orders over the next year or so for about 9 or 10 of their kits plus a bunch of their parts.

From what I understand, Modelhaus doesn't carry an inventory of parts or kits...... they cast stuff as they get orders. Same with their chromed parts...... first they cast the parts for the orders in hand, then get them chromed (I have no idea who they use for chrome plating their parts). This is one of the reasons why it can take them up to 6 or 8 weeks to ship an order. It takes time to cast and cure the resin parts, time to prep and have the parts chromed and returned to them, and time to assemble all of the individual orders for packaging and shipping. As has been said above, and many times over, the quality of their castings is second to none in quality..... and their communication and customer service is also excellent.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...