Model Cars Magazine Forum

Real or Model #203 FINISHED!

Real or model?  

66 members have voted

1. 1. Real or model?

It ain't the klunky Revell kit, that's for sure, and the picture doesn't look old enough to be the original show car when it was that color (but a couple of 1:1 replicas were made from molds taken of the original car). I'm leaning toward large-scale model. 'Scuse me while I go flip a coin.

Edited by sjordan2

A couple of good points have been made, like the quality of the color photography. For me, it's the perspective of the photo, it just looks off, like the car is raised above the level of the others. It also appears to scale out just a tad bit smaller than the others to me. Also, if the shot does date to the mid-50's, when the Futura was on the car show circuit, wouldn't it have been surrounded by other dream cars of the era and new production models, not classics and a sprint car? Finally, is that a 1970's-80's vintage bumper I see peeking into the frame at the far left at about the level of the Futura's driver's side headlight? Nice try, Harry...It's a well-done MODEL.

Edited by CorvairJim