Model Cars Magazine Forum

What's Your Favorite Kit You Build More Than Once?

Funny you ask, because I keep buying and building the same things.

Like the 80's racing imsa mustangs from revell

also the 70's era funny cars. I have done the Jungle Jim vega about 4 times

and planning o do another one.

in the past 3 years I have build the 69 shelby from revell 3 times

and the AMT 67 shelby twice.

...amt 60 chevy trucks, so far im not done my first, but i love this body style and its a pretty nice kit.

I'll second that. A recent discovery. I'm on my second and on the look out for more as I really should build one with the stock motor in it. They're not easy to find here.

If you consider the Monogram NASCAR Cup cars from the '80s and '90s as one kit, I currently have 65 of those on the shelf and probably that many more unbuilt out in the garage. :)

This is just one set of shelves in the model room:

modelroom01-vi.jpg

Another group would be the Revell '70s era funny cars in both 1/16 and 1/25, I've got a bunch of those too!

The old AMT Grant King sprint car is another versatile kit that can be built several different ways.

33002-vi.jpg

midgetsprint-vi.jpg

1005-vi.jpg

I've got a few more of those to build.

WOW!! this is a trick question cause i dont have more than 5 finished kits and they are all different. i have 20 or so of the 70 pro street super bee. if i had to go with "soon to be finished", i have 6 or 7 of the lindburg 64 dodges going and another 8 or 10 on the shelf and i still buy them when i see them cheap enough.

Too many to list. But I will say I have. Built multiple many a. Kit here's. Just a. Few. On the top of my head.....

Amt 67' mustang fastback(trunk oPens)

Amt 69' cougar kits 429 and eliminators

Revell 1980. Cobra mustang

Mpc/amt. Mustang fox body kits

Man soooooo many a more kits that are soooo good you can' t build just one

Previoulsy mentioned

Amt. 71' chargers

Amt 71' dusters. On and on and on

No not for me on the last build just the normal clean up. The exhaust had the most clean up of mold lines. Keep an eye out for mold lines between rear window and door they didn't show up until after I primmered it. It is a build I love probably because I had a 71 long time ago. That is the car I almost died in because of a drunk driver forcing me off the road and down a hill on my roof. I miss that car I think that's why I keep building the kit thinking of the memories I had when I do

Thanks for the info. Sorry to hear about the loss of the 1:1 (especially in that manner!),glad you weren't "called home",we'd miss your builds :) I always liked the body style,JUST missed out on one I REALLY wanted a few years ago at a Super Chevy at Bristol Motor Speedway to a cute redhead-lady,was a '71 Z28 LT1/4 speed #'s matched (not that that mattered to me,I was buying to drive and enjoy ;) ) car in a non-correct (again,didn't matter to me) dark Charcoal Metallic,and we redid one back in high school shop (Auto Body Repair shop-along with a '73 SS Chevelle that had a trasnpanted 454,same owner of both),a '73 fake Z28,man that was a GORGEOUS car!!! :D

If you consider the Monogram NASCAR Cup cars from the '80s and '90s as one kit, I currently have 65 of those on the shelf and probably that many more unbuilt out in the garage. :)

Drew, while I'm not much into circle track cars, I have been a fan of your builds and magazine articles. The innovative building techniques you've shared have really been helpful to me over the years. Keep up the good work!!

• 6 months later...

I've already built two of the '70s Dodge Challenger 2-in-1 kits and getting another one here soon. I built one as a "Vanishing Point" car in white and an R/T in Panther Pink just for fun. My third is going to be a reproduction of the police cars used in the movie "In Time".

i457681.jpg

cache_2417911170.jpg?t=1337380572

I've already built two of the '70s Dodge Challenger 2-in-1 kits and getting another one here soon. I built one as a "Vanishing Point" car in white and an R/T in Panther Pink just for fun. My third is going to be a reproduction of the police cars used in the movie "In Time".

i457681.jpg

cache_2417911170.jpg?t=1337380572

you beat me too it!!! I plan to do one, some day,lol I cast wheels like that Centerline "Smoothies" however I think mine are too big, roughly 24"

For the ones I have built/used MANY times;

Monogram/Revell 1/32 MACK CF Pumper

2 built mostly out of box, 1 bashed with the MACK R for an R Pumper,

and a CF tractor for the Tanker trailer.

In-progress--Heavy Rescue, Aerialscope, Open cab, Backdated cab

and More Plans/ideas not started.

Total kits in stash/built/parted out 10-20 so far

Revell 59 Ford Fairlane 500 Skyliner..

Built a yellow issue New now restoring it.

Restored a second one painted Turquoise, and Deluxe building a

Skip's issue with opening doors,etc

Using parts on PMC Ranchero & Country Sedan wagon, and a trashed AMT Sunliner

that will be a 4dr Custom (base level not customized) Police car.

10+ in stash so far

AMT Modern Tool 58 EDSEL Pacer;

Built 1 CustomShop/W-M Value Decorated,

Stared 1 30032 out of box, Deluxe kit with Skirts/Continental kit converting to convertible

Bashed 2 into a Limo, Chrome, & chassis of another under a JR Heyer resin Villager wagon

another bashed with Revell 57 Ford Ranchero to make Phantom EDSEL Randhero.

More plans not started.

In stash 15+ (Sold/traded 5-10 More!!!!!)

AMT/MPC 67-72 Chevy/GMC Pickups/Blazers

LOST COUNT of these!!!! 20+

AMT 65 Malibu wagon.

Built 1 MANY years ago.

used roof on 65 GTO for Safari conversion. Plans for 64, 66,67 Tempest/Le Mans GTO

AND 64-66 OLDs f-85/442 conversions (can use the Rev 66 here too!!)

Aurora 1/32 American LaFrance 900 Pumper.

Wish the tooling for this was still around. or som eone would reverse engineer it!!

Great parts in this one.

Built a "California Fire Truck" issue when New.

Now have 5 Original Boxes, and parts lots totaling about 6-7 cab/chassis with 5 pumpers

Hopeful New Fave.

Aoshima/Fujimi LS 1/32 scale Bus series kits

Hino S'Elega Super High Decker (I have #1 of this one), Nissan Diesel,

Fuso Gala Super High Decker (This is a Cosmetic change of the Hino),

Isuzu BXD-30 Bonnet Bus (I have 3 of this bus in 3 different liveries, and 2 different grill trim)