Model Cars Magazine Forum

Little purple Ford coupe

Harry P.

Harry, I would love to see a tutorial as well..

I used to draw cars pretty good, but havent done it in years....

also, what does photoshop run, $$ wise????

About $1,000 if you buy from Adobe, but there are cheaper versions out there ("Student" versions) and of course there's always ebay. You can also download a free 30 day trial version from Adobe if you just want to play around a bit.

Edited by harrypri

About $1,000 if you buy from Adobe, but there are cheaper versions out there ("Student" versions) and of course there's always ebay. You can also download a free 30 day trial version from Adobe if you just want to play around a bit.

I use a 30 day version, and after about 20-25 days i just set my computer time back and voila!: another 30 days, over, and over!

• 7 months later...
I don't think I've posted this before.

Drawn with Photoshop using the airbrush and paintbrush tools, among others... ;)

ford-coupe3.jpg

HI I`M NEW TO THIS SITE. I HAVE LOTS OF MODELS AND I LIKE TO DRAW CARS AND TRUCKS ALSO. CAN YOU GIVE ME SOME INFO ON THIS PHOTOSHOP??? I DRAW BY LOOKING AT A PICTURE THANK YOU TOM MURPHY

Hey Harry, I had a pic of a mid-50's caddy rod that was my PC background for years! Seems your work is very similar to what I remember. Did you do a copperish colored Caddy?

On a side note, Harry you really need to get a Deviant Art page. I'm sure we'd all like to see more.

OK Harry :blink:

We all know this is a real car and you just "FAKED IN" the background :lol::lol::lol: .

Actually it's the other way around. The car is drawn, the background is real. Well, the sky is. That's a photo I used for the sky, I drew the "ground" in Photoshop. And you can tell that the car is drawn and not a photo... just look at the cheesy fake tire tread pattern I drew because I was too lazy to do a more realistic one... ;)

• 1 month later...