Model Cars Magazine Forum

32 Ford's

vizio93

...The Track nose was a while ago & listed as the '32 Tracknose V12 if you can find it. ... Hope it gives you ideas ... Brian

It sure has, Brian!

I found your Under Glass thread - December, 2012 I forgot that the Revell midgets come with 2 noses. Since I bought one for the V860 it's likely I will never build the actual car, so... 2 noses it is!!!! Both will find uses elsewhere...

Not much info there but I found your thread on Oz Auto Builders which gives me the scoop. I read your note about the wire in the PartsBox axles which is the first time I have seen axle confirmation that they did it. I trust the axle hasn't sagged yet.

And the dashboard is also very cool, and in keeping with the sort of post-Boyd, radical-traditional/high-tech fusion thing goin' on, if you know what I mean... :P

So, yeah, it's definitely got me thinkin'...

Wow Ron, that's a beautifully done model. And your excellent photography helps in appreciating all the fine detail. A text book example of the benefits of properly used aftermarket p/e. The banjo steering wheel, for example, is pefectly picked out in white against the fine wires of the spokes. It's hard to believe you even detailed out the little chrome retaining ring on the steering column bracket. Is that a fuse box hiding beneath the dashboard on the firewall? The modifications to the details of the base kit are all very successful, too. I especially like the branded Firestone whitewalls and the reversed rim steelies with the shallow baby moons (Parts by Parks?), and the cleaned up dashboard. The disc brakes are even plumbed... The more you look the better it gets. Thanks for sharing!

Edited by Bernard Kron

Hi Rob

Sorry I don't know what kit the screen came from. It was in a bag of donated parts. I narrowed it, hence the chrome strip in the middle & tapered the sides (vert nervy cuts!!)

The photo shows its original shape so hopefully someone might recognise it for you.

Ron

Your build is beautiful. The devil is in the detail & what makes your build special is the consistancy of the detail all over the model. Gives me something to aim for. Thanks for sharing it.

Brian

DSCF1850.jpg

• 2 months later...

Nicely done tudor. Slick flame job. I gotta get into flame masks... Whose did you use?

This one I got from e-bay, waaaayyyy back. I don't remember who makes it, but I believe it came from Australia.

• 2 months later...

Here's my latest '32, the Therapy Deuce, so named because it was a quick build to overcome the disappointment of having trashed an in-progress '51 Chevy custom by melting the body... Mainly Out-Of-The-Box, and my first primer rod in a very long time.

DSCF3117_web.jpgDSCF3142_web.jpg
DSCF3134_web.jpg

Edited by Bernard Kron