Model Cars Magazine Forum

Custom 55 Chevy truck ,5/1/15 UP DATE, MATCHING 50,S TRAILER .

using a 57 cab as the side windows on the 55,s wrong , it will have a 55 grill ,57 hood ,I converted the big back window to a small one as I like them better ,I am also going to have the visor on ,and a 58 fleet side bed , I had to shorten the bed as it was a long bed , this will be sitting on the ground with a custom frame and air ride suspension , not sure about a motor yet , color will be a satin pearl color ,maybe green,or blue or lavender I don,t know yet ,

2miamf.jpg

29gjxvr.jpg

s3o4m8.jpg

v4tifk.jpg

idvpt2.jpg

15dtjjc.jpg

Edited by bpletcher55

Wayne , the [ panel ] was cut out of the center rear window on the 50 Chevy pick up , AMT , it was an old one I had that the paint was screwed up on , I glued the rear window from the 55 kit into place and cot out for the [ PANEL ] and glued that in , add putty and sand ,sand ,sand , hope this helps .

Yea I know you can get a cab in resin with the small window all ready done , but that takes all the fun out of doing it your self . !

Edited by bpletcher55