Model Cars Magazine Forum

Old Tool Revells

funhouse1

Trying to get back into building a little so I've been coming to MCM for inspiration. Lots of inspirational stuff!

Thought I would post a couple of builds from last year. These are the old Hot Rod Magazine reissues of the SWC Willy's and the Orange Crate. Never had much success trying to build 'em in the 60's-70's so I thought I would give 'em a go as an Old Fart. A little fussy and the tools are a little beat but I think they build into really nice models. The "Chopped Deuce" is basically out of the box with a wheel/tire change and the Willy's has a little added detail along with losing the distinctive SWC grille treatment. Inkjet decals.

72cff824a5.jpg

ecd8bee2fc.jpg

b8b07b5646.jpg

0c8b54c023.jpg

46e510fb81.jpg

fea4551bec.jpg

87fde12bf2.jpg

ae6bae643b.jpg

Edited by funhouse1

Sweet! Really clean builds! Look super.

I know what ya mean! I built them in early 70s an some in 80s, then nothing! Hit 50 and decided to get back in it! This site is super for help and idea's! And the new aftermarket parts we can get now! The air brush system and rattle can paints are so nice, its a good time too build! I cant build one now with out wiring the engine and gettng crazy putting carb linkage on! Valve stems on rims! Lol. Just go nuts!

Thanks everyone for the comments! The blower was sprayed with a grey primer, painted with a wash of flat white and brass, then dullcoated. I believe the Willys color was a Testor's Laquer, bronze or copper maybe?

Anyway thanks, you've inspired me to get back to a couple of stalled projects!

Edited by funhouse1