Model Cars Magazine Forum

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Wow Kevin that's some cool detail your doing on that gun I'm not much of a military builder (I used to build quite a few years back) so I'm not really up on the detail but yours looks really cool. Sorry to hear yor vicky got messed up let me know if you need anything for it maybe I can help.

Vince

I appreciate that very much, Vince, I really do. No, not much to be done now but strip it and start all over, I'm afraid. I considered starting the Phaeton, but want to finish the Vic and a Challenger first. I already have way too many stalled projects sitting around here now (armor ships and aircraft), and don't want to start doing the same thing now with cars.

Here's a photo of my 1:35 Tamiya kit (pre-digital era for me) while it was under construction several years ago; this big monster will be done much the same way.

20MM%20Quad_zpsanevpwmb.jpg

Wow that looks neat Kevin when I was building military kits there wasn't a lot of extras I could find and around here all I could get were tamiya kits and they were expensive then now that I've been going to shows you can find most anything you want in military of course I don't build then now but hey I've got car kits lol. Trying to clean up my shop switching from 1/25 to 1/16 drag so anybody looking for car kits and has any 1/16 scale drag cars or parts I might be able to help you.

Vince

I'd love to tackle some 1:16 stuff one of these days, but I certainly need to be able to do a small one right, before I attempt one of the biggies. I've considered doing the AMT 1:16 '55 T-Bird for my brother (he used to own a sweet one), but he's showed no real interest, so I'll probably just do it for myself,... some day.

As coincidence would have it, I discovered today that my hole punch was perfect for punching out the necessary clearance opening so that I could add some .030 sheet plastic to the leveling pads. (They’re molded with open tops, when in fact, the real things were solid castings.) I’m a happy guy!

38%20d%20004_zpso8wtn0rg.jpg

I really have no idea what these boxes were for, but they seem to show up on all of the photos I’ve seen. Kit doesn’t provide them, so a scratching we go. Construction is .030 sheet plastic, with .030 quarter round corners. Once they’re thoroughly dry (one box per side), I’ll sand them out and get them installed.

38%20d%20003_zpsugrzb84w.jpg