Model Cars Magazine Forum

Orange Crate....32 ford....

Drgon63

I built the Orange Crate as a kid when I was about 12. As I remember, It was my 1st success with a Revell kit. (I had trouble with the '55 Chevy, the '41 Willys and the '56 Chevy. I remember the Orange Crate was molded in orange which made it easy to paint a thin coat of orange paint without runs! I loved the decals also. The only problem I remember was the chrome. Revell had some weird chrome in those days, it was kind of a clear color under the chrome and glue did weird things to it. I have the new issue now and a lot better skills, I hope mine comes out as good as this one. This kit is a classic if built right!

Edited by rmvw guy

Nice job, man.

I just bought one of these (a re-issue)

I fancy having a crack at it, not only as I think it looks good, but also because it has a reputation for being less straightforward than some more modern kits.

You did it proud.

I appreciate the kind words.... the kit has its moments... the reissue is the same kit from 62 so be prepared... enjoy it... very rewarding when you get this one done...

I built the Orange Crate as a kid when I was about 12. As I remember, It was my 1st success with a Revell kit. (I had trouble with the '55 Chevy, the '41 Willys and the '56 Chevy. I remember the Orange Crate was molded in orange which made it easy to paint a thin coat of orange paint without runs! I loved the decals also. The only problem I remember was the chrome. Revell had some weird chrome in those days, it was kind of a clear color under the chrome and glue did weird things to it. I have the new issue now and a lot better skills, I hope mine comes out as good as this one. This kit is a classic if built right!

Glue still does weird things to the chrome....minimal glue only way to combat that....