Model Cars Magazine Forum

1990 lx mustang street car finished! 8/1/14

Just started to play around with this, it'll be mostly box stock with some wheels, tires and a cage maybe I'll throw a small block chevy in it to make the purists mad. Comments, advice, and criticism is all welcome :)

199F48F2-1FAD-40CC-8500-C477E96A7B1B_zps

9DF66E1D-6D1B-408F-B995-3FBA551E640F_zps

C8B28828-519E-423C-8577-96B135210EC8_zps

Edited by Dragfreak

Looks good definitely need to lower it tuck some of the rear tire for sure

Thank you, Id like to sit it down more but I'd have to completely tub the car which if I was going to go through the trouble of back halving the car id put a much larger tire under it, I kind of want to keep the outlaw 8.5 look that it has because I think the small tire looks good.

Edited by Dragfreak

It looks good the way you have it im not trying to be rude, i personally like stuff completely smooth and lowered can't wait to see it finished..... I have 10.5 69 camaro I'm working on I still need to build the cage for but check it out sometime let me know what you think it was posted here in the drag racing section but somehow got moved to diecast

Edited by Outlaw_Pitbull_0411

It looks good the way you have it im not trying to be rude, i personally like stuff completely smooth and lowered can't wait to see it finished..... I have 10.5 69 camaro I'm working on I still need to build the cage for but check it out sometime let me know what you think it was posted here in the drag racing section but somehow got moved to diecast

I didn't take it as being rude or anything, everybody has an opinion about how a car should sit, no harm, no foul. I would like to have it sit lower as well but ground clearance for the exhaust and oil pan is an obstacle. I'll head over to the diecast section and check your camaro out.

Thank you, Id like to sit it down more but I'd have to completely tub the car which if I was going to go through the trouble of back halving the car id put a much larger tire under it, I kind of want to keep the outlaw 8.5 look that it has because I think the small tire looks good.

8.5..... what can you do with an 8.5 that you cant do with, say a 19.5!!!

nice build so far, put a chevy in it, yea, I think you would ruffle some feathers with that one. keep pushing thru this Ford build Mr. Chevy, it's coming out nice.