Model Cars Magazine Forum

reliable resins

I was going to stay out of this but here is my 2 cents.

I buy from just about every vendor out there. Who ever has what I need that is where I go. I have bought lots of stuff off Don with never a problem.

He was one of the first resin casters I meet when I got back into the hobby around 6 or 7 years ago. Out of the blue he called me to just give advise on a build all those years ago and we still keep in touch even if my project is not using any of his product.

I have only been burned once by a vendor, that same vendor has his fans here that sware by him. He has lost me as a customer but still has others that like him.

I think some here have personal axe to grind while others have every right to be upset.

Me, I am getting ready to order 2 more bodies from Don to add to my collection.

Don called me after my response and set things right with me. He agreed to ship another hood and the front end pieces to Rich(crabman on the forum) in England. I give him credit for finding my number well after a year after having last talking with him and calling me. He told my he shipped Friday and it arrived today. I hope he has turned things around. He has always been nice to me on the phone and I think the fact that he reached out to me after a post is really big on his part. I wish him the best and I will no longer post anything negative on this post in reagrds to this matter.

Time to lock this.

Reliable Resin has been discussed here many times before, always with the same results. Some people swear by him... some swear at him. Some have had great experiences, some have had terrible experiences. To keep rehashing this back and forth, over and over, is pointless. Obviously if you decide to deal with RR, you are taking a chance. You never know if you'll get the "good" RR or the "bad" RR.

Like someone said earlier... let the buyer beware.