Model Cars Magazine Forum

Okay! Us VW folks can't WAIT for this!!

Hasegawa did a 1/25 scale Kubelwagen that's really nice. i don't know what would be required to modify it into a Thing, but i think it would probably be pretty significant.

You'd be better off starting from scratch to make a Thing, as the two are completely different.....however, as you will not see another Thing model very often, it could be done. Doug Rogers did his from the Hasegawa Kübelwagen, if memory serves correctly.

BAJA TYPE 181

I'm also looking forward to that new Bus model, believe it or not. ;)

Edited by VW Dave

• 2 weeks later...

This may be off topic : there is a new Russian Communist Car released . A GAZ Volga in diecast . It is for those that like dull and drab popo cars . Yes , I have one on the way . On another tab , I will be seeing the other ROE kits . They will get some of my disposable income . Thank you for the Edit button . Thanx ..

Edited by dimaxion

use me , But WHY does theV W Box kit remind me of the 23 window kit that ws avalibleback around 1968 here in the states . I did the Van like the Corvair Green briar van that wasused in the movie Phyc Out with the Strawberry Alarm Clock doing most of the music . Great movie and a great kit too. Ed Shaver

heres mine :P

IMG00084-20090727-1756.jpg

IMG00081-20090727-1755.jpg

cant wait to see a model if this baby

but since we are on the topic...

none of you guys happen to have a 1/25 scale VW engine laying around do you ?

me and my big mouth were picking on one of the forum members here

trying to tell him i was going to enter a certain model into a build off that broke every rule except one

long story short, he allowed the build in and now i need a VW engine cos i cant go back on my word :P

but since we are on the topic...

none of you guys happen to have a 1/25 scale VW engine laying around do you ?

me and my big mouth were picking on one of the forum members here

trying to tell him i was going to enter a certain model into a build off that broke every rule except one

long story short, he allowed the build in and now i need a VW engine cos i cant go back on my word :unsure:

this wouldn't happen to have something to do with the street truck build off would it. :lol:

this wouldn't happen to have something to do with the street truck build off would it. :lol:

:o i feel i've said too much

part of the reason i want a 1.8T for it is because i was just yanking your chain and the 1.8T is a four banger :unsure:

if i cant find one i will most likely install a twin turbo'd supra V6

(smallest powerhouse i have in my partsbox)

or maybe that ford engine you send me, that would be pretty fitting :lol:

Interesting stuff. I have not been on the forum in a while. I may or may not get the Bus, I will wait and find out if it actually is a new tool, once one is in hand.

I will DEFINITLY be getting a Trabant though. I have long wanted one of those original kits, and have never been able to find one. Now I will just wait until they come up for sale new and get myself one.

I will be building it Factory Stock, too.

Sorry, my previous photo of parts trees didn't show up.Pic from show, credit to original photographer, yadayada

Actually looks a bit like a high detail version of the original Revell 23-W. I have a couple of those, and separate doors, sides/front/rear, separate folded and closed tops look an awful lot like original.

Edited by keyser