Model Cars Magazine Forum

its BUFFALO TIME 1/10 mostly scratch AKA BONE CRUSHER

finally able to get started on this build, ive been wanting to do this for along time. I believe ive done enough research and download enough pictures to get start

like all my builds it wil be r/c with a working arm . ive scale this out to be a 1/10 which is really big, somt times I think I take in to much fumes . lol

ive measured this out to be around 790mm, tires are 126mm using 2.2 rims

theres going to be a lot of 3 steps forward and many steps back . im going in 1/2 blind on this and don't know what walls I will be hitting. im assuming around 400 hours ,

so this will be great winter coming build . well enjoy the movie and lets get started

ive cut the frame rail, I some what know where the axles go, I need to make the lower hull 1st. ive started by intergrading the rails in the hull, starting from the front

SANY3125.jpg
SANY3126.jpg
SANY3127.jpg

Edited by semijoe

so far everything is located at the right height and right place , I do have to make some new frame rails as these are alittle short . but in the mean time I will work with these to see rear everything else goes . running from the front leaf to th axle is a stabilizer , I have to make these and the mounts

SANY3138.jpg

time to work on the rear suspension, 1st I drilled and tapped some holes in the yota axles, ive added a ball end

SANY3183.jpg

next ive add the ball ends to the belly and added 2x links, this will keep the axle leveled

SANY3184.jpg

next Ive added a cross stabilizer

SANY3185.jpg

drive shafts installed and a glimpse at it with tires on it

SANY3182.jpg

ive started on the upper hull, I wanted to do in a one piece, but again some where down the line I would need to take apart, but the cap/roof will be one piece . in side the hull I made 1/8 metal ribs, will cover with .040 plastic for interior

SANY3206.jpg
SANY3207.jpg
SANY3208.jpg