Model Cars Magazine Forum

CAR-TOONS CONTEST! WINNERS PHOTOS!

Ira

CAR-TOONS CONTEST RULES!

*Starts March 1, 2012.

* Ends June 4, 2012.

* Both New & "Already Started" Models from Members can be entered!

*Preview & Construction Photos are Encouraged! Share with everyone How its Done...Post your "Sneak Peaks & Preview Photos here!

*Builders Choice Judging for Braggin Rights...

*This Contest is about Building a Model for Fun & Enjoyment. Have some Fun, Try Building something Different...

TYPES OF MODELS FOR CAR-TOONS CONTEST:

Deal's Wheels, Zingers, Roth Finks, Weird-Ohs, Snappers, Snap Draggins, Fred Flypogger/Super Fuzz/Speed Shift, Frantics, Funsters, Silly Surfers, Scooby Van, Wallace & Gromitt Vehicles, Lindy Loonys, Homer’s Bubble Car... Most Any Cartoon Models, and Scratch Built or Kit Bashed Car-Toons Style Models.

TWO ENTRY CATEGORIES:

1: CAR-TOON ENTRIES...Cartoon Style Cars & Trucks with or without Finks, Figures & Wierd-Ohs...

2: UNCAR-TOON ENTIES...Finks, Funny Figures & Wierdos in Boats, Jets, Plains, UFOs, Surfboards and some Barefoot without Wheels...

PRIZES!

Looking for contributions, but the Main Idea is to have some Fun and Share Modeling Ideas & Techniques with Friends! Maybe we will learn some new things too!

*Details Subject to Change.

• 3 weeks later...

CAR-TOONS CONTEST PRIZES!!!

We Just Recieved an AMAZING PRIZE Contribution!!!

Actual Deals Wheels Kits from Dave Deal's own Collection and More!

One of the Deals Wheels Kits was Actually Signed by Dave Deal!!!

Check it Out!!!

http://coffincorner.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=2007&action=display&thread=16869&page=1

Edited by Ira

Like I need to start any more projects .... but I have a cool idea for this after looking at the other builds in progress with a body I have sitting around ... I'll have a play first and see if I can do what I want to do before officially joining though ;)

Like I need to start any more projects .... but I have a cool idea for this after looking at the other builds in progress with a body I have sitting around ... I'll have a play first and see if I can do what I want to do before officially joining though ;)

Sounds Great Ian!

:D

• 5 weeks later...

NEW PRIZE For The CAR-TOONS CONTEST from Dr. Cranky!!!

We just recieved a Autographed Copy of Dr. Cranky's "RATZ, RODZ AND RUST...Building Models Cranky's Way", by Virgil Sua'rez!

DSCN5001C.jpg

This is 130 Glossy Pages of Eye Candy and Instruction!!!

A complete Model "How To" including; Setting up your Workbench & Choosing Tools, Painting with Special Effects, Detailing , Display and More...

DSCN5005C.jpg

Click on the Link for details & Photos!!!

http://coffincorner.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=2007&action=display&thread=16869&page=1

Thank You Dr.

:D

CARTOONS-CONTEST COUNTDOWN....Only 26 Days Left!!!

IraContestJpeg-1.jpg

WHAT A GREAT CONTEST!!!!

25 AMAZING Entries and over 10,500 Views & Previews!

Time to finish up your CAR-TOONS CONTEST PROJECT or Start a New one!

DSCN5025R.jpg

PRIZES, Lots Of GREAT PRIZES!

Check them out at the link:

DSCN4477C.jpg

DSCN5001C.jpg

DSCN4486C.jpg

More NEW PRIZE Announcements Soon!!!

Have Some Fun...Build a CAR-TOON!!!

• 3 weeks later...

I'm not going to have mine ready I'm affraid , everythings going well except I still can't find a suitable engine to match the original in size and details , trying to scratch build now :(

Hey Ian!

It's OK if you don't finish, the Main Idea of the CAR-TOONS CONTEST is to share Building Techniques, So maybe we can learn some New Things!!!

Please post photos of your Progress & Share it with Everyone, you will be Glad you did!

HAPPY MODELING!!!

:)

MORE PRIZES For The CAR-TOONS CONTEST...6-4-2012!!!

Ward Shrake, The Wardster, has Donated Two copies of AMAZING VEHICULAR MODELER Magazine!

DSCN5733C.jpg

Ward has Donated One each of Special Issue #1 and One Copy of Special Issue #2 of this Amazing Magazine.

WOW!!!

THANK YOU ALL!!!

I want to take a minute and Thank All of The COFFIN CORNER's Members & Administrators Who Supported The CAR-TOONS CONTEST! Thank you, this was a BiG one and I really appreciate All of the Help!

Thanks again to Psychographic for making the CAR-TOONS CONTEST Poster!

Thanks Again to the Top Prize Contributors; Tres Wright for all of the Deals Wheels Kits!, Dr. Cranky for his Wonderful Modeling Book!, and Ward Sharke for the AMAZING Magazines!

Thank You to All of the Modelers that Posted over 50 pages of Progress Photos, showing us many New Building & Painting Tecniques:

http://coffincorner....ad=16869&page=1

Thanks again. for all the kind words of support from everyone! You All made this a Wonderful Contest, Congratulations!

IraContestJpeg-1.jpg

B)

Edited by Ira