Model Cars Magazine Forum

Realistic Resin figures for 1/24 1/25 cars

Preiser figures can be found in the US, many model train stores carry them, especially if the have G scale trains. The Adams and Eves sets aren't too expensive, and tend to have much better detail than the standard Prieser figures, which have very good detail to begin with. As mentioned, they do require assembly and painting, and you will have to sculpt your own clothing on them, but there are many options on how they can be assembled, as there are extra arms and legs, plus the torsos are in different poses. It's basically a Mix-N-Match the parts to get the poses you want.

For the regular Prieser figures, look for the unpainted sets. They run about half what the painted versions do, and realistically, they're mor elike one quarter the cost as they tend to have 6 figures instead of the normal 3 that are in Prieser sets.

My point is that no one is making highly detailed realistic figures for 1/24. Were making do with whatever ... But we shouldn't , this market is huge! Trains, Planes, Boats all have aftermarket figures which look realistic and compliment them. Thanks for some of the suggestions but honestly there still not quite up to par. We need new comteporary figures to fill this void!

so campus friends and assorting mechanic sets arent good enough? some of those figures are pretty nice but i can understand if they are not realistic enough. personally i like having kinda blank figures personality wise, so they dont detract from the car.

ive fitted some drivers to models and they are pretty surgery intensive sometimes, getting a fairly realistic pose with hand on shift lever and steering wheel etc. good thing they dont scream from the pain

I've heard that a Dr. Cranky figure and his sidekick will be available soon, and the sneak-peek we've had of them look GREAT!

http://www.modelcars...opic=59240&st=0

How are they coming along Derrick? ;):P:D

They are still coming!!! ZOMBIES too!!! Eyegore has been biting my backside really hard!!!! Plus the fact I took a break to get a new roof put on my house!! :blink: I hope to have em ready in time for the new season of " The Walking Dead "

Creating a figure is a bit involved but like any hobby it can be learned

You would need a sculpting medium like Supersculpy

or Milliput

soft wire to create an armature, sculpting tools,lighter fluid

An understanding of the Human Anatomy, composition, scale and proportion.

Starting with "roughing in"the head arms body and legs. Then "fleshing out the details"

Once that is all done a Master is created...then casting in resin

Masters are usually too soft or delicate... so resin casts are done to make the piece more durable and workable.

The hardest is the face or "Portrait".....I've tried its not easy

The hardest is the face or "Portrait".....I've tried its not easy

Doesn't that answer your original question? With fantasy and cartoon characters, you can get away with not being 100% accurate and lifelike. With lifelike figures, the human face and body is so intimately familiar, the replica figure has to be incredibly accurate, too, or it will instantly fail the eye test.

This guy is 1/32:

Preddy7Jun07_001.jpg

If John Rosengrant did a few 1/24 car guys, I'd be first in the queue!

bestest,

M.

That is what I'm trying to acheive...this being 1/32nd scale...is amazing!!! That is an artist!!!!!!! I still got a long ways to go to get there!!!!!!!!!!!! My zombies & Cranky figs look pretty good...no where near this caliber though. Edited by Sixx

there are professional sculptors that do achieve lifelike portraits. My POINT is that they cater to 1/35, 1/32, 1/16,1/4 and 1/8 scales. They cover a lot of military or historical specific subjects. These genres are flooded. There is no shortage of sculptors in these fields. What I can't understand is why don't they cross into the 1/24 scale. The talent is there.. We just need someone to commission them to do 1/24 scale subjects.

That is what I'm trying to acheive...this being 1/32nd scale...is amazing!!! That is an artist!!!!!!! I still got a long ways to go to get there!!!!!!!!!!!! My zombies & Cranky figs look pretty good...no where near this caliber though.

The figures of Roth, Elvira and Austin Powers that came from the major manufacturers didn't look as good as the 1/32nd scale figure depicted!