Model Cars Magazine Forum

2012 POST APOCALYPSE/ZOMBIE HUNTER COMMUNITY BUILD

Dr. Cranky

Sneak peek!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! how 'bout these two?? of course they are far from being done. second guy is a resin cast of a master I did. gotta mess him up more, then start casting em!

IMG_96102.jpg

IMG_96062.jpg

Ummm...dead chics anyone?????

IMG_96072.jpg

this is just the tip of the iceberg so to speak, got a ways to go on them yet. comments welcomed ;)

Hey guys...I'm new to the forum here. I know Dr. Cranky a little bit mostly from youtube. Not personally, but from communicating back and forth a little here and there. I've had a fun time with the model building community on youtube and gained some friends there with similar interests. Anyway...I'm gonna try my hand at this build and just have some fun with it.

Doctor Cranky mentioned Bionicle earlier. The only thing I will say about my build so far, is that it was inspired by some Bionicle parts I picked up a few years ago (early 2000's), thinking I would use them for a sci-fi build. I pulled them out recently, and realized the designs at the time had a bit of an Art Deco feel to them, like 30's – 50's sci-fi art. Some of it fits into a dieselpunk aesthetic, which is a big thing for me lately.

Other inspiration could come from the option parts made by Kotobukiya (http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/list/276/0/1) and Wave (http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/list/381/0/1). They are marketed for giant robot anime models, but there are ambiguous things like handles, hooks, hatches, spikes, drills, drop tanks...

Derrick, those Zombies are beautiful, and soon our wait for getting our hands on them will be over. Great work on the poses. They all look very good. I think the paint will bring out their features even more.

Folks, you guys are on a roll. Keep the eye candy coming. Sgt. EYEGORE is very very happy with the way you are all getting (and staying) ENERGIZED!

Man I have a lot on my table.

1. Finish the hudson hornet for that cbp.

2. Finish the historic race car cbp.

3. Start and finish my fabulous 50s build.

4. Start my 70 dodge for nicks gumball rally.

5. Start and finish the 55 Benz for slants gumball rally.

6. This awesome epic amazing zombocalptical flesh mutilating build.

Sheesh. Priorities!

Mark, look on the bright side, it sounds like you've been (and stayed) inspired by all those challenges to build and have fun, and so you shall. Can't wait to see what you cook up.

Rodney, that's a wonderful scratch-built gun. See what happens when you start having fun with this stuff? Amazing.

I know people might hiss and boo at me, but I might actually shop in the armor isle for my platform to base my build on...

Armor? 1/35 scale? The audacity!

Edit: at least in this scale all the weapons would scale correctly

Edited by wgflatliner

Okey thanks doc then i m gonna dive into my parts box and make a postapocalypse Mad max kinda road cruiser Vette.

So let s see i m in the:

Canonball CBP

Gumball CBP

Historic racing CBP

Foreign vehicle CBP

And now in this one to. Well att least you know what ur gonna build on :)

I'm a little ticked that I can't find my USB cable.

I've nearly finished the Die-ora and Military Gasser....

And am in the middle of yet another submission as well.

All of which I've been having a blast with.

...where is my dang USB cable???

Where'd ya leave it last? :)

(If I knew that, I wouldn't be looking for it. <_< ) :lol:

Almost finished? :o

I'm barely getting started.

Spent some time building a Fuel drum but now I'm casting it so I don't have to build extras. :D

I'll pull it out of the mold when I get back from the movies. MI-4

Edited by RodneyBad