Model Cars Magazine Forum

2012 POST APOCALYPSE/ZOMBIE HUNTER COMMUNITY BUILD

Dr. Cranky

LOL! Rob, that means you have to keep adding vehicles to the caravan. These are the kinds of builds that will make you lose your mind, and you might just be on your way there!

I had a mind to begin with? :lol:

I'm also going mad trying to find a chassis to fit my most recently started submission.

The first two were just quick throw-togethers.

This third one though... is the serious one :P

Sneak peek!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! how 'bout these two?? of course they are far from being done. second guy is a resin cast of a master I did. gotta mess him up more, then start casting em!

IMG_96102.jpg

IMG_96062.jpg

Ummm...dead chics anyone?????

IMG_96072.jpg

this is just the tip of the iceberg so to speak, got a ways to go on them yet. comments welcomed ;)

Man those are sweet, its hard to get scale figures let alone one for this build, awesome work.

Great to have you aboard, Darren!

Derrick, I keep salivatin' over those Zombie figures . . . man, they are just so right!

Are you going to try to convert one into a Zombie driver figure? I hope so, that would be so cool.

By the way, if you need figures, I have a couple of those Tamiya campus friends I can send your way to modify.

Great to have you aboard, Darren!

Derrick, I keep salivatin' over those Zombie figures . . . man, they are just so right!

Are you going to try to convert one into a Zombie driver figure? I hope so, that would be so cool.

By the way, if you need figures, I have a couple of those Tamiya campus friends I can send your way to modify.

Thanks Doc!!! I've got some ...well...the Fujimi drivers set comming!!! I gotta wait tho, they are in Hong Kong!! :huh:

Lets add some pictures. I started January 1st and I got here today.

The shock absorbers.

DSC02978.jpg

The decals I might/might not use.

DSC02975.jpg

The plan I have for the improved chassis.

DSC02974.jpg

The best shot of the screen in the front bumper.

DSC02972.jpg

All of the parts I need.

DSC02969.jpg

Thanks for looking!

All comments appreciated.

here's a good one... :blink:

IMG_96182.jpg

IMG_96172.jpg

IMG_96162.jpg

Wow...kind of in yer face!! LOL!! got her shirt and arms roughed in, need to do sleeves & shirt collar. This is a family show so I had to dress her!! LOL!!! It's a long process-sculpting that is. gotta wait till each layer is dry to add next one. comments welcomed ;)

So, I decided to scrap the military gasser for the moment. Lack of tires, proper engine, and whatnot.

The windshield on the Die-ora got knocked loose by my clamp stand some time during the day... I think the cat may have knocked it over.

SOOOoooo..... I may be doing the Die-ora windshield differently, seeing as how the model's 'stock' glass doesn't quite fit the build anyhow.

The as-of-yet-unnamed submission is coming along nicely however- just have to find some Hotchkiss suspension pieces in my scraps, or scratchbuild them. I still have the problem of having small passenger tires, whereas I need LT tires (and a halftrack, but those are a pain in the neck to scratchbuild.).

The engine isn't an issue luckily.

I'm thinking futuristic on the guts, perhaps some sort of turbine.

...I am still missing that USB cable.

My, build is progressing fast, but I'm gonna wait till the official start date of the 15 to post any pics in the mean time here is some crazy inspiration.

this is a 60someting Cementer mortar fired by a huge tank. i Haven't had time to finnsh paint yet but its in primer at the moment.

DSCN2306.jpg

(Yes the guys in scale)

DSCN2308.jpg

the round were so huge that it need its own separate tank crane to load it.

any ways I hope I inspire you to go crazy

Dang Hippie< That's some serouis FirePower your Packing..

That would even be more cooler if it was 1/24 ;):D

Just so ya know where I'm going with my fuel/ Deisel, Water and oil Barrels.

Being these Items will be soo Precious in the future,who'd risk wasting it??

Well, That's my plan.

I got the 3rd one casted, they are coming out a bit better.

404569_2785063277343_1581097396_2516451_1612010510_n.jpg

Oh YES, the eye candy keeps rolling in! Keep it coming, this already has the makings of the most heavily armed CARAVAN!

Derrick, PM me your address and I will get you some stuff pronto! The last thing I want (and I am sure you feel the same way) is to have delays in this Zombie-building process.

Cheers, DC