Model Cars Magazine Forum

MPC Ohio George Montgomerys Mr Gasket aa/gasser, in clear ?

Greg Myers

• 5 months later...

A few of these will follow me home from the hobby shop. Thanks to Round2 for correcting the front end!

I'm assuming the rear wheels and tires from the Gasser Parts Pack will be combined with the newly re-tooled Halibrand spindle-mount Sprints from the recent Hot Rod Mustang and '69 GTO Funny Car reissues and included in this kit?

While I'm at it, how good (or bad) is the SOHC in this kit? Similar to (the same as?) the SOHC in the Ohio George AMT '33 Willys?

OHIO GEORGE MALCO GASSER 1967 MUSTANG

Item No: MPC800

Release Date: January 2014

MPC reintroduces Ohio George's Malco Gasser Mustang, one of the most recognizable cars of the late 1960's drag

racing era. MPC has executed major backdating on the existing tooling, along with developing a new, correct '67 flip front hood/fender unit. The kit is now even more exciting and accurate than the original, and it hasn't been available as George's car since the 60's!

• Scale: 1/25
  • Skill Level: 2 (ages 10 and up)
  • Glue assembly, paint required
  • Molded in white and blue
    • Newly tooled correct '67 flip front end
    • Fully detailed racing chassis and interior
    • Halibrand drag wheels and factory pre-lettered slicks
    • Wheelie & pushbar setup
    • Blown drag motor
    • Authentic decals
    • Attractive packaging
    • First Time Available in Decades!

• 2 weeks later...

I'm assuming the rear wheels and tires from the Gasser Parts Pack will be combined with the newly re-tooled Halibrand spindle-mount Sprints from the recent Hot Rod Mustang and '69 GTO Funny Car reissues and included in this kit?

While I'm at it, how good (or bad) is the SOHC in this kit? Similar to (the same as?) the SOHC in the Ohio George AMT '33 Willys?

Well the SOHC is probably unaltered and the same engine that allways has been in this kit (and the '69 Mr Gasket Gasser), it's not up to the AMT '33 Willys standard as that's the best one you can get, but it's decent.

• 1 month later...

Hey all,,well,,,went into my local hobby store today,,and saw on the shelves,,the new release of the "Bugaboo",,and some of the other retrodeluxe issues,,but NO Ohio George Mustang! :( So talked to the team member of the store,,and he looked at his supplier web page that he gets his kits from,,and they revised the issue date of the OG Mustang to April 2014. AAAGGGHHH!! Now I dont know if thats really the case everywhere,,but it is at least for him/here. So,,if I can get it online,,or a swap meet I may have to do that. Or if anybody knows where to get it now,,let us know,,well buy ya a cheeseburger!.

Edited by skymnky721