Model Cars Magazine Forum

What is your favorite car chase scene in a movie

What was the name of that movie that used all the Mini Coopers ? There was a remake a few years back using the new style ones but I liked the older movie with the original Mini's. Can't think of the name of that movie to save my soul. Great ! Now that's going to bother me all day !

The Italian Job. In the original (with Micheal Cain) they jump roof-tops to beat a traffic snarl before resorting to the subways and sewer systems. Not so much a chase as an escape.

And then there's the rather indignant method of "disposing" of the Mini's..... :o

I have to go with Steve McQueen in Bullitt and his awesome Mustang. Just the sound effects were awesome on their own. I can't believe I'm the first to mention this one.....Oh! Sorry Richard, guess someone did already mention this one, I missed it the first time.

Edited by rmvw guy

The film "Vanishing Point" is one great big car chase - cops after a white 70 Dodge Challenger...

John Frankenheimer's film "Ronin" also has a few legendary car chase scenes filmed in France...

And then there's this... Not strictly a car chase, nor a feature film for that matter, but an amazingly daring piece of cinema verite by Claude Lelouch...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Fu1Bw8dvBM

Edited by PowerPlant

The entire original Gone in 60 Seconds, followed by every episode of CHiPs, followed by most of Used Cars (not really a chase scene in the classic sense, but cool),, then any kind of automobile scene in The Munsters, particularly the one where Herman is testing out Eddie's go cart. The chase scenes in Terminator and Terminator 2 are pretty good too, the semi truck bearing down on them is pretty awesome.

Edited by kalbert