Model Cars Magazine Forum

Fresh out of the paint booth, shot flames on a '70 Boss 429

Brian Nehring

I lean towards the Billet rims,...do you have a painting service ?say if some one was to do the prep and send you the item for a couple weeks while you work your magic...and $ is right,....I like your flame style,..I like them when they cross each other,..Ghost flames are nice too ,do you do those ?,...

Excellent job.

Barry Beachum

Hey Brian, flame job looks great as usual. I have a question. I got me some of that Hobbico liquid mask and it's really thick. Will it mix to a more pourable consistency in the bottle if it's really shaken? Or do you just get a blob in your airbrush jar and thin and mix it like that?

Hey Brian, flame job looks great as usual. I have a question. I got me some of that Hobbico liquid mask and it's really thick. Will it mix to a more pourable consistency in the bottle if it's really shaken? Or do you just get a blob in your airbrush jar and thin and mix it like that?

Thanks Ray,

You can mix the Hobbico liquid mask with water, I mix mine to about the consistancy of milk. You want it pretty runny so it will flow through the airbrush, it also helps to filter it through a fine mesh or screen before you dump it in the airbrush so it doesn't get clogged. If you have any other questions feel free to ask.

Thanks

Brian Nehring

How do yu do those flames brian? With a frisket film mask, then One-Shot for tha tips? I could nevah do those tips, mah hands would shake too much.

Excellent flames von Brian! :wink: :wink: :(